Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Hi-
    It is a really good feeling; feeling like the old me pretty much.

Didn't have chemo, but,
    Didn't have chemo, but, great to hear how happy you are with your hair!

Leeza
  • midnight10
    midnight10 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Hair
    My last chemo was November 17th and after that I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, but they have already grown back. Eyebrows are wild and bushy, but not quite thick enough to do anything with except smooth down and a little plucking. Eyelashes are very thick, but not long enough to mascara yet.
    My hair is almost a half inch long and as my granddaughter says shiny (silver) and black. Can't wait for it to grow more!
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Options

Hair
    My last chemo was November 17th and after that I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, but they have already grown back. Eyebrows are wild and bushy, but not quite thick enough to do anything with except smooth down and a little plucking. Eyelashes are very thick, but not long enough to mascara yet.
    My hair is almost a half inch long and as my granddaughter says shiny (silver) and black. Can't wait for it to grow more!

Hair!!!
    Yes, as I said in a previous post, all of my hair came out, but it does grow back. Just treat it nicely. I saw my Onc. lasts week and she said I only had to wait 6 months before and chemicals. Needless to say I want a relaxer and highlights soon after. I'm liking my curls, but...by April I will have a relaxer. That will be a few weeks shy of a year post chemo and I cannot wait!!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Yeeeeaaay! for us!
    I guess patience really was the key. I started taking biotin and searching for scalp stimulating remedies, but I was told just be patient and it will grow...and it has...I do still take vit. B6, but it was because my fingers and toes were so numb. But, this wash n' go is soooo convenient, but I know by Spring Break I'll have a relaxer in it...The texture is changing, but it is still very curly.

Happy for you Rene9! I know
    Happy for you Rene9! I know how important it is when your hair comes back.

Hugs, Jan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

I can relate-
    I know exactly what you mean. Even though I was ill, I didn't want to look ill. I stopped wearing my wig when my hair was an inch long and I dared anyone to say anything. After I finished chemo my eyelashes and eyebrows fell out, but now all of my hair is back and I have no complaints. Though at times my hair looks like a bad perm to me. Everyone thinks I have chemicals in my hair when all I have is water and conditioner in it. So, some people don't know what I've been through. I'm just glad it has grown back even and it keeps getting thicker!

Woot Woot
    So happy that you love your hair! I bet you look beautiful!

Hugs, Diane
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Mine is only about a inch
    Mine is only about a inch and a half. I am 3&1/2 months out from chemo that feels good to say. It isn't long enough to curl yet. But I had very wavy hair before so does that mean I will have straight hair?? LOL I don't care what it does really I am just SO happy to have it back. Everyone wanted me to die it at one point. I have never dyed my hair ( well once when it first started coming back because it was all grey and I wanted color so I could stop wearing hats and scarves ) I earned all these grey hairs and I will wear them proudly LOL. Actually I just don't want to be bothered ever month to color it LOL.
    I just have to say it again once more I'M 3&1/2 MONTHS OUT FROM CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy that feels good. Take care all Kay
  • rene9
    Options

Mine is only about a inch
    Mine is only about a inch and a half. I am 3&1/2 months out from chemo that feels good to say. It isn't long enough to curl yet. But I had very wavy hair before so does that mean I will have straight hair?? LOL I don't care what it does really I am just SO happy to have it back. Everyone wanted me to die it at one point. I have never dyed my hair ( well once when it first started coming back because it was all grey and I wanted color so I could stop wearing hats and scarves ) I earned all these grey hairs and I will wear them proudly LOL. Actually I just don't want to be bothered ever month to color it LOL.
    I just have to say it again once more I'M 3&1/2 MONTHS OUT FROM CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy that feels good. Take care all Kay

Congrats!
    Congrats on finishing chemo! That is a great feeling. I pray you continue to stay healthy! And happy hair growing too! Oh btw, my hair is slowly but surely changing back to how it was before chemo. HUGS!
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi Rene
    I am 5 months post chemo and haven't worn a wig now since mid November. It was drawing attention back then for being sooooo super short, but I just hated my wig and didn't want to wear it any more. Now my hair looks like Mia Farrow's in Rosemary's Baby (if only I looked like her too - LOL). Everyone loves it and I am just so happy to have hair again.

Just thought I would let everyone know of a product called Revitalash. My eyelashes grew back in just about 3-4 weeks with this. They are longer and fuller than they ever were. You don't need a prescription (I bought mine on Amazon) and I read that it was developed by the husband of a woman who lost her eyelashes from chemo. Anyway, it worked great for me and I continue to use it b/c I just love having these long luxurious lashes!

Congratulations on your hair, Rene!
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    Options

Hi Rene
    I am 5 months post chemo and haven't worn a wig now since mid November. It was drawing attention back then for being sooooo super short, but I just hated my wig and didn't want to wear it any more. Now my hair looks like Mia Farrow's in Rosemary's Baby (if only I looked like her too - LOL). Everyone loves it and I am just so happy to have hair again.

Just thought I would let everyone know of a product called Revitalash. My eyelashes grew back in just about 3-4 weeks with this. They are longer and fuller than they ever were. You don't need a prescription (I bought mine on Amazon) and I read that it was developed by the husband of a woman who lost her eyelashes from chemo. Anyway, it worked great for me and I continue to use it b/c I just love having these long luxurious lashes!

Ok, my hair was straight
    Ok, my hair was straight before. I keep reading how many have had their hair come back curly. Did you see the curls right away. I am 7 mo past last chemo. My hair is about 2" long but it too looks like Mia Farrow. Very straight. And it is dark, not brown but definietly not my normal dirty blond. I would love to go without my wig but the color is so different than my normal color. It is a dark color that I would never have normally dyed my hair to be. It is like everyone will wonder why I cut off all my hair and why I would choose such a dark color.

So, if it is not curly at 2" should I assume it will stay straight?

I am going to look into that Revitalash. My brows only lost about half their fullness and nothing new has grown in. Lashes were gone and are barely back. Mascara does nothing for them. They were always thin to begin with.
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Ok, my hair was straight
    Ok, my hair was straight before. I keep reading how many have had their hair come back curly. Did you see the curls right away. I am 7 mo past last chemo. My hair is about 2" long but it too looks like Mia Farrow. Very straight. And it is dark, not brown but definietly not my normal dirty blond. I would love to go without my wig but the color is so different than my normal color. It is a dark color that I would never have normally dyed my hair to be. It is like everyone will wonder why I cut off all my hair and why I would choose such a dark color.

I am going to look into that Revitalash. My brows only lost about half their fullness and nothing new has grown in. Lashes were gone and are barely back. Mascara does nothing for them. They were always thin to begin with.

Just an FYI
    They also make Revitabrow for eyebrows. I used that as well and mine grew like crazy! Was so tempted to use it on my head. ;)

I bet your hair looks amazing the way it is - it is just really different.
  • rene9
    Options

Hi Rene

Hi :)
    I hate my wig too! Everyone loved my hair before I did. In fact, I just started loving it since I know what products to use and how. Now, I don't believe I will put chemicals back in it. And I will pass this information on about the Revitalash. I wish I had known about this months ago! Take care Clementine_P!
  • rene9
    Options

Ok, my hair was straight

Hi EllenaMaria!
    As soon as my hair had any length to it, it started waving up, then it curled. I'll say about an inch or so. I'm 9 months past chemo and I can really say my hair has changed, but for the better. It's also nice now that I know what products and how to put them in. I've never had curly hair before.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    I Rene, I need to put a new
    I Rene, I need to put a new update on my hair, it also is curly, but I already had curly hair to begin with. Now its long enough that I can actually flat iron it so its not all crazy.

Lupe
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Hi EllenaMaria!
    As soon as my hair had any length to it, it started waving up, then it curled. I'll say about an inch or so. I'm 9 months past chemo and I can really say my hair has changed, but for the better. It's also nice now that I know what products and how to put them in. I've never had curly hair before.

Rene9, so happy that your hair has come back and that you love it. I bet you look absolutely beautiful!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    mgm42 said:

Great feeling....
    Isn't it a great feeling to have hair back on your head? Mine came in silver and curly (was 66 years old at the time, so silver it was before and after). Sadly though, the curlies didn't last. They stayed only for about a year and then they disappeared slowly but surely. enjoy the curlies while you have them and if you want to keep them, I suggest you talk to your stylist about some kind of permanent wave. I'm considering it. I'm almost three out from chemo and I loved my curls. Hugs to you, Marilynn

New hair and it is curly! I
    New hair and it is curly! I bet you are happy! Congrats!

Hugs, Megan
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

I Rene, I need to put a new
    I Rene, I need to put a new update on my hair, it also is curly, but I already had curly hair to begin with. Now its long enough that I can actually flat iron it so its not all crazy.

Lupe

I have a coworker who has
    I have a coworker who has really short, Mia Farrow, type hair all of the time. Last time I ran into her in the hallway it was about 4" long. She has really been trying to encourage me to take off my wig. Well today she appeared with a new cut. My hair is literally as short as hers! It made me feel so good. She told me she so wanted me to come over so she could do my hair for me. I wanted to cry. When I told her how long it took for my hair to get to this length she was finally able to comprehend the reality of what we all go through. She was so understanding and supportive. I am so much closer to ditching this wig!