Comments

• Dee
    Dee Member Posts: 40
    Options
    mellindy said:

Hi Dee,
    Your wonderful post

Hi Dee,
    Your wonderful post came to me on my birthday! It was a wonderful day because I spent it with my daughter. She started out by giving me a card that told me how special I am to her, and I cried so much I couldn't read it all!. We had lunch and I took her to her plastic surgeon for a "fill". Tomorrow she gets her second round of chemo. Yes, I am here for her, feel for her, and even have some guilt which I try to tell myself is unfounded. Ironically I found out last week that I had a first cousin who had breast cancer in the mid 1950's. We lost her, but treatment has changed very much since then and even since I was treated in 1996-7. What I want to say is this - with breast cancer touching one out of approximately 8 women, it's hard to say what is the cause. I have just entered a research program that will explore Eastern European ancestry and my friend is doing one that looks at African American trends (she has 3 daughters). Your momm is extraordinary in her philosophy that "the best way out is thru it". I love that.
    Good luck with your treatment. Mellindy

Happy birthday!!
    so great you had a wonderful birthday!!! Cheers to many more to come!

Dee xx