Surgery update

carol2dogs
carol2dogs Member Posts: 132
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi to all. I had surgery 1/12/11, and my docs were able to do a bowel resection and avoid the ostomy routes. Recovery has been slower than from my previous surgeries, and I still can't seem to get my bowels working much. Still have little to no appetite. Anyway, one day at a time, right? They sent tissue samples off for chemo testings - should have those results back in about a week.
Thanks and love and teal hugs to all, Carol

Comments

• srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    thanks for the update and
    thanks for the update and good news about the ostomy. Keep healing! Susan
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    glad it is over
    Having a bowel resecction is a difficult surery, I had that done to with my hysterectomy. I had a naso-gasric tube in my nose for nine days and didn't eat. I am glad you are home ,tour appetite will return slowly I am sure and so will your bowels. Take miralax and colace to help things along.....val
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    glad it is over
    Having a bowel resecction is a difficult surery, I had that done to with my hysterectomy. I had a naso-gasric tube in my nose for nine days and didn't eat. I am glad you are home ,tour appetite will return slowly I am sure and so will your bowels. Take miralax and colace to help things along.....val
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    I didn't have bowel surgery
    I didn't have bowel surgery with my hysterectomy, but my bowel resented being examined and basically rolled over and played dead. I finally realized the the IV antibiotics during surgery must have killed off all the good bacteria. Only two hours after my first probiotic capsule, I began to feel relief. You have to get probiotics in a health food store, they are not cheap, and they have to be refrigerated, but the ones I took put me right back on track.
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Carol,
    thanks for updating. My bowels seemed to take longer after every surgery too. Listen to your body and take it a day at at time. Take good care,
    kathleen
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    So glad no ostomy needed
    and that the surgery is behind you! I had a bowel resection along with my original surgery. One day at a time is the only way to go. Time to pamper yourself.
    ((((HUGS)))) Maria
  • froggy1
    froggy1 Member Posts: 205
    Feel better
    Hi Carol,
    I had an emergency bowel resection(2 places) in Nov. of 09. I think the recovery was harder than my original debulking. I was in the hospital for two weeks, as they wouldn't let me go until things started working. It took quite a while for things to get back to a sort of normal. I still have challenges keeping all working right! 'Would like the weight loss back right now though! LOL
    Feel better,Ginny