Gathering the courage to post.

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome, BillieJean
    The thing about sites like this is that we all have a common experience, no matter our age or stage. Glad you "uncloaked" yourself! Take it slow and post as much as you're comfortable with. Lurking is not a bad thing! As you know, we exchange ideas, experiences, and hugs. You are welcome always.

Mimi
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options

Welcome Billie Jean
    So glad you came out of your shell to join us! Sometimes I just read without posting also and it still helps so much.
    No thought is too small here and everyone will try to help or pray for you. It's a great bunch of ladies and gents.
    Can't help on your question, sorry, had lumpectomy, chemo and rads.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Biilie Jean, glad you gained
    Biilie Jean, glad you gained the courage to post and ask your question. I lurked in the background for quite a while before I started posting, too.

I'm glad to hear the responses that address your specific question. They are quite reassurring. I had a bilateral mastectomy but had DIEP/free flap reconstruction. I ended up with one breast quite a bit larger than the other, but the plastic surgeon fixed that and I feel so much better. Please make sure that the PS knows your concern and is planning to address it during the exchange surgery. If not, you may want to seek a second opinion. It's amazing how much better you'll feel when its corrected.

Joyce
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Welcome BillieJean
    to this wonderful website. I'm glad you found the courage to open up and ask a question. I too had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. I met with plastic surgeon but decided not to have reconstruction at this time (maybe never). I'm currently in treatment for rads. I'm 61 and so far comfortable wearing leisure prosthetic bras and breast forms. There are several ladies on here that have had reconstruction or are going through it.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • kt1127
    kt1127 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    sea60 said:

A warm welcome to you Billie Jean!!
    Everyone is different. I don't care to actually GO to a support group but felt the need to share. So when I found this wonderful site, I felt I finally found a way to communicate with others who have gone through this or are going through it now.

We all need each other and it's amazing how one is surrounded by such love and care on this site. And I can soooo understand not wanting to worry family as I have the tendency to make everything look peach keen. But the fact is, we need to let this out. We need to vent, share, cry, laugh and bond with one another.

I'm so glad you removed the cloak! Pease keep posting. And you too CeeCee :D

I wish I could provide more advice on your particular situation but I'm sure others will.

Hugs!

Sylvia

Welcome billlie Jean
    I am fairly new here as well. I was dx in oct of 2010 and have an expander i am just preparing for my first reconstruct surg the end of Feb. What you need to know is we are all going through our own journey and i learned from being on this site that no one questions the personal journey they just listen and offer support. It is a wonderful site glad you took off the cloak, BTW my name is Kim. If you have concerns about your surgery you should reach out to another surgeon. Not sure where you live but i have a great reconstruction surgeon. Glad your here "see" you soon.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm like that too
    Really. I know I have a lot of posts but I rarely start a topic. I think I can hide better in plain sight.

Welcome BillieJean. No advice though. I didn't get reconstruction.

Now that song by Michael Jackson is running through my head.
  • pinkapples
    pinkapples Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    wow!
    I am, to say the least, overwhelmed at your responses! I am SO greatful to learn there are so many like me :0)
    A little more detail about my current situation: I had my exchange surgery 10/10 and now have my implants. They are quite small in comparison to my natural breasts (850 cc's and I was a DD) but they are much nicer than expanders! My PS seems to think she can correct how the implant is sitting, but she has been less than forthcoming thus far which is what brought me to post......After all of your imformative replies and total support; I think I will be going forward with the revision feeling much better about the outcome.
    Thank you all so very much for all your advice and virtual hugs ~
    I have admired from afar the bond you all share and amazingly, already feel a connection and a part of your family.
    God has given me so many blessings along the journey, and I consider this board and your friendships a genuine blessing indeed!
    Have a wonderful evening everyone :)
    Bless you all!
  • pinkapples
    pinkapples Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Welcome
    I love those Go Go Gophers!

Go Go Gophers
    glad you recognized them, not everyone is familiar with them!! LOL
    I truly hope you are doing well. I think of you often, and my daughter and I burn a candle for you every night. Sending strength and peace your way.