hardening on the nipple

mjd8136
mjd8136 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
during rads, i noticed hardening on the nipple, I spoke to Breast Dr. she said it is caused by the dye they use during surgery, anyone out there have this problem, she said it takes around 6 months to go away. thanks

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    bumping up ....
    bumping up ...
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

bumping up ....
    bumping up ...

No, I don't know anything
    No, I don't know anything about this and I did have rads. Hopefully, someone can give you some information.

Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    NO I did not have this issue
    interesting from the dye-I would have thought from the burn!
    I Hope you get some info from here-sorry i can't help you out...
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

NO I did not have this issue
    interesting from the dye-I would have thought from the burn!
    I Hope you get some info from here-sorry i can't help you out...

Mine did
    Mine did harden some and was tender. It was during rads and the rads Onc. and the nurse both told me it was normal for this to happen during rads because that area is so tender. Hope this helps. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Same problem
    I have that and thickening of the skin as well. After being treated for potential infection (which turned out I didn't have), eventually my docs said that it was probably from the dye. My surgery was July 14, 2010 and I've had some improvement. It's not gone yet though.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Same problem
    I have that and thickening of the skin as well. After being treated for potential infection (which turned out I didn't have), eventually my docs said that it was probably from the dye. My surgery was July 14, 2010 and I've had some improvement. It's not gone yet though.

Thank you .. Lovely ladies for the wonderful
    input.. Insightful .. helps 1 to know that we are not the only survivor in this position.

Vicki Sam