UPDATE ON MY DAD'S GIFT TO ALL OF US....

MRapp226
MRapp226 Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Well, just as we expected.... It looks like we are having a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! I went for my 12 week ultrasound and the tech was pretty positive (took a picture of the proof) that I am carrying a little boy!!!!!!!! We are sooo excited and have the name picked out: Nicholas Anthony(Anthony for my dad). Of course, this cannot be confirmed for another 7 weeks. Hopefully, you won't see a new posting called, "Ooops... My dad's gift is a girl."!!! LOLOLOL

Seriously, I know that this pregnancy is a miracle... And, I also know that my dad can be pretty persitent and plead his case to God of why this should happen. And, I always knew he wanted a grandson. I just knew in my heart it was a boy. I really did!! And, I am sure that he will grow up loving old muscles cars, the New York Giants and will love and respect his family just like my dad.

We are blessed... I thank God every day for this blessing.

Melissa

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    great news.......
    thanks Melissa for keeping us posted. Congrats to you both and God Bless......

Gerry
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    GerryS said:

great news.......
    thanks Melissa for keeping us posted. Congrats to you both and God Bless......

Gerry

happy for you!!
    Melissa,
    So glad for you and your hubby and know that your Dad must be watching over you all. So glad that the baby is coming along and if it does turn out to be a girl how about Antonia for the middle name?? but I think your Dad is bringing that boy home to you. thanks for sharing your good news. take care,
    Donna70
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Hi Melissa,
    You are

Hi Melissa,

You are blessed. There is nothing more joyous than a baby, when that child is wanted so bad.
    Perhaps dad is aware and sharing this great joy with you.

Sandra
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Wonderful News!
    So happy for you Melissa! As for making sure it's a boy...no test is perfect. My best friend was suppose to have a girl (doctor's were "certain") "she" popped out a "he" and they had to do last minute paint changes and clothing exchanges! LOL.

As long as you have a healthy baby, that's all that matters! Keep us posted on your progress and you better post a picture when he makes his grand entrance, or I'll be very upset! LOL.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Wonderful news. Take care
    Wonderful news. Take care of yourself and that little baby. Enjoy the next several months and get plenty of rest :) sleepless night to come LOL
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    So Happy for You!
    Dear Melissa,

You brought a smile to my face as I read your post. What a blessing this little boy will be. He will be a constant reminder of the father you love so much. Congratulations and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

Blessings!

Linda & Jim
  • MRapp226
    MRapp226 Member Posts: 44
    My last update about my "news" until July....
    I feel funny about sharing my news as sooo many people are suffering and looking for advice. But, I just cannot help sharing with the friends I have made over the last six months and have helped me through my own loss. I promise, no more updates until July when I can post pictures....

As it turns out, we are having a little GIRL!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL It was confirmed a few weeks ago by the ultrasound tech and doctor. I was sooo convinced that I was having a boy that it was a shocker for me. I had truly felt that God wouldn't take a boy without giving us another and as I said it out loud, I realized that no one could ever replace my dad. So, it is fitting that we are having a little girl. My mom is finally able to smile again and has some big, big plans for the baby! lolol My dad was really into classic cars and last night, my husband and I found a walker / jumper that is shaped like an old pink cadillac convertible!!!! Something my dad would have bought for her for sure. Needless to say, it is on our registry. My daughter will have that convertible and will be told about how her grandpa loved old cars.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my update. Stay strong and continue to fight until we find a cure for this disease.

Melissa
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    MRapp226 said:

I feel funny about sharing my news as sooo many people are suffering and looking for advice. But, I just cannot help sharing with the friends I have made over the last six months and have helped me through my own loss. I promise, no more updates until July when I can post pictures....

As it turns out, we are having a little GIRL!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL It was confirmed a few weeks ago by the ultrasound tech and doctor. I was sooo convinced that I was having a boy that it was a shocker for me. I had truly felt that God wouldn't take a boy without giving us another and as I said it out loud, I realized that no one could ever replace my dad. So, it is fitting that we are having a little girl. My mom is finally able to smile again and has some big, big plans for the baby! lolol My dad was really into classic cars and last night, my husband and I found a walker / jumper that is shaped like an old pink cadillac convertible!!!! Something my dad would have bought for her for sure. Needless to say, it is on our registry. My daughter will have that convertible and will be told about how her grandpa loved old cars.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my update. Stay strong and continue to fight until we find a cure for this disease.

Melissa

Melissa, You are blessed,no
    Melissa, You are blessed,no matter the sex of the baby. Have you ever been around dads and granddads with the little girls? They are so precious to them.Your dad would be just as excited! You can share your joy with us anytime. It's great to hear the happiness the new baby is bringing to all of your lives.
    Keep us updated,
    Sandra
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    MRapp226 said:

Melissa

A Girl!
    Melissa, please please share your joy of this gift God is giving to you. You made me smile as I read about the pink cadillac walker/jumper! This is so exciting and will bring much joy into your lives and your mother's. Keep us updated and take care of yourself.

Linda