I am so so sorry

padee6339
padee6339 Member Posts: 763
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I only just read about our Moopy's passing. It was something I never expected. I apologize for being so late, for caring only about myself and my own problems. That is not me. I also have been keeping updated about another friend of mine who passed away peacefully yesterday of stomach cancer. I hate this gawdawful disease and what it does to us. I'm finding it hard to write this with the tears running down my face. Aortis - please know that you are always in my prayers. Your love is the biggest testament to her. Your kindness and thoughtfulness and words to us telling us about walking out into a new life touched me as no other words ever have. She will always be with you. God Bless you and your family.

Love - Pat

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    I am sorry about your friend
    I am sorry about your friend Pat.

Hugs,

Diane
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Oh Pat, don't be so hard on
    Oh Pat, don't be so hard on yourself. If you truly cared 'only about yourself and your own problems' you wouldn't take the time to post here. It is clear to me that you are not a selfish person, and that you are dealing with a great deal right now. So take a deep breath, give yourself a hug and some time.

Hugs,

Linda
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Pat,
    So sorry about your

Pat,
    So sorry about your friend. And never feel guilty. It is important for us to have time for ourselves and to deal with the other things that are going on in our lives. You were concerned about your friend and there for them. Many check in now and then. Some are on face book, some are dealing with their own difficulties and some have moved on. Many that we haven't heard from recently checked in after hearing about Moopy. Hoping that all is well with you and that you are doing okay.
    Stef
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Pat, I am so sorry to hear
    Pat, I am so sorry to hear that you are also dealing with this dreaded cancer with another friend. Don't apologize for just learning about Moopy. I am certain your absence has absolutely nothing to do with selfishness. You are and will always be a very caring Kindred Spirit. We have had a couple of days to absorb and accept this tragedy and I only hope that your heart can also heal and move forward. Sending a special (((hug))) your way. Take care of yourself.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sincere condolences, Pat...
    ... for the passing of your friend.

And, totally agree with all others - please, really no need for apology.

Hopeful thoughts your way, and...

Kind regards, Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Sincere condolences, Pat...
    ... for the passing of your friend.

And, totally agree with all others - please, really no need for apology.

Hopeful thoughts your way, and...

Kind regards, Susan

Pat, as our Susan aka Christmas Girl stated
    sincere condolences on the passing of your loved friend. It is truly so difficult. I don't understand our beast, breast cancer or cancer for that matter -- other than the loss, victories and some happy moments inbetween.

How ya doing with the non-smoking ?

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Pat,
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending you a big hug. Don't beat yourself up about just finding out about Moopy. I know it's hard for you to get on the computer at work.

How are you feeling?

Hugs,
    Jean
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Pat, so sorry for the
    Pat, so sorry for the passing of your friend... and I agree with the others, no need to apologize...Take good care of yourself...

Hugs,
    ~T
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Nothing to be sorry about, Pat!
    You have always been there for both of us, and both of us will always be there for you. So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Please take care of YOU, okay!

Love,
    Joe