itchy after tx

Options
poopergirl14052
poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
does anyone else get very itchy after carb/taxol tx. I am scratchin mysel on les back and torso. I put on some cocoa butter lotion and it helps for a while. I don't remember having this last year withmy first round ...val

Comments

• zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options
    I know onc.doc. recommend
    I know onc.doc. recommend put often lotion on skin and rinse mouth with BIOTENE (WALGREENS,WALMART) mouthwash. With any chemo skin become more dry and itchy (beside allergy reaction) and in mouth, for same reason, can develope sores. Better to prevent than to have problem later. Talk about it with your doc.(((HUGS))), Zina
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    the itchies
    I would mention it to you doc/chemo nurse in case those itches are allergic based, but winter does a real number on my skin. I have so many different brands of body lotion and I try to slather myself up!
    (((HUGS)))) Maria
  • jloe
    jloe Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Mwee said:

the itchies
    I would mention it to you doc/chemo nurse in case those itches are allergic based, but winter does a real number on my skin. I have so many different brands of body lotion and I try to slather myself up!
    (((HUGS)))) Maria

Maria has good advise
    It's always good to check with the docs/nurse, Benedryl makes a really good over the counter cream and I've had to use it.
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Options
    typically my head gets itchy
    typically my head gets itchy and tends to look like a slight dermatitis.