Lost the love of my life to Breast Cancer

Options
13»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

WE are so glad you came
    WE are so glad you came to this board! You will never take up to much time or space. You are going thru a bad depression/grieving process which is totally understandable. After having your wife for 42 years it will be very hard to adjust to her not being there. I wish I knew some magic words that would make it better but I don't. But we all are here for you. Do seek help and continue to come talk to us ladies and gents on this board.

Offering my sympathy for the
    Offering my sympathy for the loss of your wife. It does sound like you are having depression, which is normal. Please seek some help if you feel the need. We are here for you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

Call on Jesus
    You have to cry out to Jesus he knows your hurting don't give up on life your wife wouldn't want you to she's just waiting on you for when it's your turn for God to call your home, but you need to start to live again but not forgetting your wife she's going to always be with you just smile and know shes watching you God gave you a sweet angel. living here on earth is just for a while for all of us this is not our permanent home she's done what were all going to do one day and that's go live with God but i know living here without your love one is hard because i had a uncle to unexpectedly fall dead in February 09 I grew up in the house with my uncle like a brother so i loved him dearly i grieved him so so bad i ended up with breast cancer yes i think me grieving him did it,I lost my faith in God because he took my uncle so i believe he allowed this to happen to me so i would trust in him and not lose my faith in him anymore well he got my attention I will never doubt God or lose my faith in him or question him,I wanted to know why he took my uncle but when all said and it was over and since then i figured it out Gods the only one that can take you off this earth he knows when we come in and how and when we go out unless we do something stupid and kill our on self and then you've took his job in your hands.

Sending prayers for you and
    Sending prayers for you and your family.

Hugs, Kylez
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Welcome Tough52000 :) I
    Welcome Tough52000 :) I can't imagine the pain you are feeling because I have never lost a spouse (just through divorce) but I have lost my Mom to cancer and it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, but I made it through. You must be overwhelmed with many feelings and I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope you come back here for support and remember that she is with you always now. That really helped me when I lost my Mom, I know now that she is with me all the time and even though I can't see her, I know she is ok and her spirit lives on. There are many people on here who have loved and lost and may they find there way to you and give you the support you need. Hang "Tough" and keep coming back.
    Big Cyber Hugs,
    Kari

Saying welcome to you too
    Saying welcome to you too Tough52000. This is so sad, and, I am so sorry that you lost your spouse, your best friend.

My sympathy,

Jan
  • KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Options
    tough52000
    tough52000
    I don't know if you're still around this forum to read this. I can feel your exact pain, although mine was caused by a different cause. I lost someone I loved in the worst way. I was rejected because of my cancer. If you don't think that's a double whammy... If it wasn't for my kids who kept an eye on me, I might not have made it. It hurts. Fortunately, a stranger, a crisis counselor through the internet came into my life. I'm sure it was meant to be. He's only a friend. He listens, and he's tough. I may never meet him.
    On of the things he has taught me, is that I have to heal myself first. I have to heal myself first, before I can 're-enter the world' and give back to others. I think of this every day. I am not trying to heal or help others. Of course, I'm friendly and thankful. But I am working on myself first. It's like the Airlines, but the breathing mask on yourself first before you put one on someone else.
    You will find other friends. You might not get another mate, but this world has 6 billion people on it. You might eventually just get a room mate(s). Someone who will be company. Friends come in all shapes and kinds. This is what I am believing in.
    Come here and vent anytime.
    Kathy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry
    BUT try to think of the good things over all the years. WOULD she want you to be sad or enjoy life!?

I am so sorry you are going through this & will be thinking of you...!

so great you had so many wonderful years together...WOW....
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

I am so sorry
    BUT try to think of the good things over all the years. WOULD she want you to be sad or enjoy life!?

I am so sorry you are going through this & will be thinking of you...!

so great you had so many wonderful years together...WOW....

You are always welcome here.
    You are always welcome here. This is a group of some of the most wonderful and compassionate people I know.
    Never think you are taking up too much space, space take!
    Just wanted you to know how sorry I am for your loss and may God give you the strength you need to feel better.
  • tough52000
    tough52000 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss.
    When I was first diagosed, my coworker told me that when she was first diagnosed it was her husband who had depression and needed meds for stress. So many times I have heard that our spouses suffer just as much as we do.

I believe that there are people who get married and there are people who are destined to find each other and marry. I honestly believe that my husband was brought to me to be the support I would one day need to make it through this. My first husband would not have been anywhere near the support that my husband is.

I don't know you but your words speak volumes. Your love and devotion to your wife is so evident. How lucky she was to have someone to love her so much, and how lucky you to have found that person who brought so much joy to your life for so long. I can only imagine the sorrow you are feeling but know that it is your sorrow is measured by the amount of love you have for your wife. I won't tell you that time will heal your heart, it won't. I will tell you that some day you will find an even ground to stand on. You have come to a great place. Seek advice from a professional as soon as possible. Come here, read and vent.

Stress
    I think you are correct, I was Linda's caregiver, but like a good husband ( maybe a little dumb) I keep up a good front, Linda never did see me cry, at least she never said anything.

I am still hurting, it has now been three months and eleven days, and I still misss her with all of my heart, soul and my being.

I still wear my wedding ring, and most likley will untill I die, and I would hope that will not be long.

In almost 43 years of marriage we were never apart, only when I was working and then we had lunch together. Sorry, but I miss her and love her..
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Stress
    I think you are correct, I was Linda's caregiver, but like a good husband ( maybe a little dumb) I keep up a good front, Linda never did see me cry, at least she never said anything.

I am still hurting, it has now been three months and eleven days, and I still misss her with all of my heart, soul and my being.

I still wear my wedding ring, and most likley will untill I die, and I would hope that will not be long.

In almost 43 years of marriage we were never apart, only when I was working and then we had lunch together. Sorry, but I miss her and love her..

I know you must miss her so
    I know you must miss her so badly, and, I am so sorry. You have to find the strength to continue on with your life. Please seek professional help.

Hugs