UPDATE SKIPPER: Thank You All

Options
skipper85
skipper85 Member Posts: 229
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and donations to Pawing It Forward. I can't tell you how comforting they all are. So many here have lost husbands recently and some have loved ones that are now in hospice care. My heart goes out to them and to all their caregivers and families. It's a rough time for so many - but we'll get through because we have to and because we're meant to. God has a plan for all of us even if we have a hard time figuring out his reasoning.

My prayers & thoughts are with you all. I'll still be here posting on the boards. I can't desert so many wonderful friends now in their time of need.

Love to you all!

Skipper

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Skipper
    Thank you so much for staying and continuing to help others in need, we are blessed here because of caregivers like you.
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    Interesting
    My daughter and her husband have a house for sale in Wilmington. Corner of Pender and 20th......near Wallace Park/Market Street area. They are both Doctors of Physical Therapy, and moved last year to Jacksonville Beach, FL. but still they still love them some Wilmington, NC..
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Options
    How are you doing?
    Skipper,
    Just wondering how you're doing??? I hope that you take care of yourself now. It's not easy losing a spouse, but as time goes on it does get easier. I can hardly believe that in March it'll be a year ago that I lost Tom. I still miss him so much, but it was just a year ago this past week that our 2 month nightmare began.
    Life goes on and you're right we'll all get through it. This site has helped me so much and I can't stop checking on all the great friends I've met on here, so still go on here about 3 times a day. Crazy huh? Well take care and glad you're keeping in touch! Carole
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    3Mana said:

How are you doing?
    Skipper,
    Just wondering how you're doing??? I hope that you take care of yourself now. It's not easy losing a spouse, but as time goes on it does get easier. I can hardly believe that in March it'll be a year ago that I lost Tom. I still miss him so much, but it was just a year ago this past week that our 2 month nightmare began.
    Life goes on and you're right we'll all get through it. This site has helped me so much and I can't stop checking on all the great friends I've met on here, so still go on here about 3 times a day. Crazy huh? Well take care and glad you're keeping in touch! Carole

Skipper
    What Hondo said. Believe it.

kcass