SoCal Gathering of Support – check in here if interested

Options

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

I can be flexible
    my doc is out of the city on 22. I made an appointment for 29, which means I will be in San Fernando Valley 2 times.
    Can we meet in Getty? or Santa Monica?
    Getty museum or Villa what do you think?
    Hugs

Sophisticated Touch
    I like your idea New Flower! The Getty is a BEAUTIFUL place to meet. I am game for meeting where ever mind you. I just like the idea.
    BL
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

I can be flexible
    my doc is out of the city on 22. I made an appointment for 29, which means I will be in San Fernando Valley 2 times.
    Can we meet in Getty? or Santa Monica?
    Getty museum or Villa what do you think?
    Hugs

Settling on a time(s) and place(s)
    Since the majority seems to prefer Sunday next weekend, I'm going to go ahead and plan for next Sunday, January 23rd, for our lunch.

I would also prefer to keep it in the Valley, but I'm mindful of what a long drive that is for you to make twice, New Flower -- so how about if you and I also/instead plan to meet for coffee at the big Coffee Bean on Ventura & Reseda on Saturday the 29th, before or after your appointment, with invitations for anyone else who'd like to join us? (faith_trust, I know you like your vanilla lattes!) What time is your appointment, New Flower?

So, for lunch next Sunday, I'm proposing we meet at noon, with two options for the restaurant:

Panini Café
    21600 Victory Blvd
    (corner of Victory & Owensmouth)
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367
    http://mypaninicafe.com/
    Panini Café is a Mediterranean restaurant serving excellent Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern food. It's usually relatively quiet, and is in a large shopping area where the now-closed Circuit City and CompUSA used to be, so there's plenty of easy parking.

Maggiano’s Little Italy
    6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, #1330
    (inside the Promenade Mall)
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367
    http://www.maggianos.com/en/Woodland-Hills_Woodland-Hills_CA/Pages/LocationLanding.aspx
    Maggiano's serves Italian-American food, and can accommodate groups well. They're in the Promenade Mall -- on the quiet side of the mall, away from the big movie theater, so parking is usually easy.

Please check out their menus, and let me know which you prefer.

Then on Saturday the 29th, let's those of us who are close by think about meeting New Flower for coffee at Coffee Bean, 18505 Ventura Blvd. (corner of Ventura & Reseda), in Tarzana.

How does that sound to everyone?

Traci
  • Bella Luna
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Since the majority seems to prefer Sunday next weekend, I'm going to go ahead and plan for next Sunday, January 23rd, for our lunch.

I would also prefer to keep it in the Valley, but I'm mindful of what a long drive that is for you to make twice, New Flower -- so how about if you and I also/instead plan to meet for coffee at the big Coffee Bean on Ventura & Reseda on Saturday the 29th, before or after your appointment, with invitations for anyone else who'd like to join us? (faith_trust, I know you like your vanilla lattes!) What time is your appointment, New Flower?

So, for lunch next Sunday, I'm proposing we meet at noon, with two options for the restaurant:

Panini Café
    21600 Victory Blvd
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367
    Panini Café is a Mediterranean restaurant serving excellent Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern food. It's usually relatively quiet, and is in a large shopping area where the now-closed Circuit City and CompUSA used to be, so there's plenty of easy parking.

Maggiano’s Little Italy
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367
    http://www.maggianos.com/en/Woodland-Hills_Woodland-Hills_CA/Pages/LocationLanding.aspx
    Maggiano's serves Italian-American food, and can accommodate groups well. They're in the Promenade Mall -- on the quiet side of the mall, away from the big movie theater, so parking is usually easy.

Then on Saturday the 29th, let's those of us who are close by think about meeting New Flower for coffee at Coffee Bean, 18505 Ventura Blvd. (corner of Ventura & Reseda), in Tarzana.

Traci

Ok... I'll put in my vote
    Ok... I'll put in my vote for Panini Cafe. My hubby is part Lebanese so I am familiar with Middle Eastern food and find it rather tasty! But I am fine with either restaurant, both sound perfect!

Thank you, once again, Traci for suggesting a get together and doing all the footwork.
    BL
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

Ok... I'll put in my vote for Panini Cafe. My hubby is part Lebanese so I am familiar with Middle Eastern food and find it rather tasty! But I am fine with either restaurant, both sound perfect!

Thank you, once again, Traci for suggesting a get together and doing all the footwork.
    BL

Either one
    is fine with me. Memory Lane... Used to live in Woodland Hills -- my boys went to St. Mels.

I like noon. Puts me back on the road at a reasonable hour.

I look forward to the hugs:)

Victoria
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Panini Café
    21600 Victory Blvd
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Maggiano’s Little Italy
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Traci

Thank you!
    Traci -

Either one sounds great. It's not about the food anyway (although you probably couldn't tell that from the way I pigged out the last time we met!), but both restaurants sound good to me.

New Flower - Thanks for being flexible - I owe you an extra hug!!!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Panini Café
    21600 Victory Blvd
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Maggiano’s Little Italy
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Traci

Sounds great to me. Just
    Sounds great to me. Just wish I could be there.

Have fun,

Leeza
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    jnl said:

Sounds great to me. Just
    Sounds great to me. Just wish I could be there.

Have fun,

Leeza

Maggiano’s Little
    Maggiano’s Little Italy
    6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, #1330 has round tables, while Panini does not.
    I have been in both places and both have good food.
    You should promise me that next time we will meet at
    beautiful place like Getty or Huntington library.

New Flower
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

My feeble attempt to make Новый Цветок feminine...
    ...'cause you're a girl and all...I wish Aortus was here to defend me! :-)

New Flower is helping me make sure my brain cells are coming back online since chemo, by forcing me to use them....so I'm sitting here with my Russian dictionary, and I got as far as you have a dentist appointment in Reseda on Saturday....but then I got lost.

Where we are now is that the majority of folks who've responded can do Sunday....New Flower, what do you think?

Traci

Traci you are correct
    sometimes copy and paste does not work therefore I missed couple words and made you feel lost.
    New Flower sounds more beautiful than Новый Цветок and аs far a a gender (склонение и падеж) are correct слов Цветок мужского рода.
    My appointment is at 10 AM on the corner Reseda &Saticoy please change Starbucks location to
    17272 Saticoy Street
    Van Nuys, CA 91406-2103
    (818) 757-3142
  • aisling8
    Options

Traci you are correct
    sometimes copy and paste does not work therefore I missed couple words and made you feel lost.
    New Flower sounds more beautiful than Новый Цветок and аs far a a gender (склонение и падеж) are correct слов Цветок мужского рода.
    My appointment is at 10 AM on the corner Reseda &Saticoy please change Starbucks location to
    17272 Saticoy Street
    Van Nuys, CA 91406-2103
    (818) 757-3142

Huntington
    would save me 45 (ish) minutes of driving so I'm gonna go with New Flower on this one:). I also recognize it's not all about me and most of you are already in the valley. Just part of the price of my having moved to Paradise.

Okay. I'll stop talking now:)

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Panini Café
    21600 Victory Blvd
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Maggiano’s Little Italy
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Traci

Don't know about Panini, but
    Don't know about Panini, but Maggianos is pretty noisy. Just a thought.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Traci you are correct
    17272 Saticoy Street
    Van Nuys, CA 91406-2103
    (818) 757-3142

Have fun on whichever day
    Have fun on whichever day you go and take lots of pictures. I loved seeing the ones before of the REunion!

Hugs, Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Victoria... if your hubby
    Victoria... if your hubby thinks he can hang with the Girls, it's ok with me.
    BL

How great! Wish I was in CA
    How great! Wish I was in CA so I could have lunch with all of you too.

Have a great time and take pictures!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

My feeble attempt to make Новый Цветок feminine...
    ...'cause you're a girl and all...I wish Aortus was here to defend me! :-)

New Flower is helping me make sure my brain cells are coming back online since chemo, by forcing me to use them....so I'm sitting here with my Russian dictionary, and I got as far as you have a dentist appointment in Reseda on Saturday....but then I got lost.

Where we are now is that the majority of folks who've responded can do Sunday....New Flower, what do you think?

Traci

Have a hug for me!

Have a hug for me!
  • susie09 said:

Have a hug for me!

Have a hug for me!

You know...
    if you come to the valley you just might glimpse a billboard with me on it.

:D

Of course, they (yes, there's more than one...stalking Traci is not for a lightweight) face west so the best vantage point is exiting the valley on the 101.

New Flower, there is also one on Reseda Blvd near Kittridge.
  • aisling8
    Options

You know...

Of course, they (yes, there's more than one...stalking Traci is not for a lightweight) face west so the best vantage point is exiting the valley on the 101.

Ooh
    Hugs and billboard sightings!!!!

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Bella Luna
    Options

You know...

Faith_Trust_... lead the
    Faith_Trust_... lead the way. I think we all would love to you see your billboard. Are these billboards close to the two restaurants being considered for our gathering? I sure hope so!
    BL
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

BL

Checking in but do not live
    Checking in but do not live in CA. :( Envious of how much fun you will have and how lucky you are to be able to meet in person.

Have a great time!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Faith_Trust_... lead the
    Faith_Trust_... lead the way. I think we all would love to you see your billboard. Are these billboards close to the two restaurants being considered for our gathering? I sure hope so!
    BL

Loved seeing Faith on that
    Loved seeing Faith on that billboard! We do have a real celebrity on here!
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    sending you hugs
    sending you hug to give to everyone for me have fun .
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    sending you hugs
    sending you hug to give to everyone for me have fun .