My father's treatment plan (stage IIIa) T3,N1,M0

Options
Mary-Anne
Mary-Anne Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to update you on where we're at. Dad has commenced his EOX Chemo and is finding it okay - he's on 2700mg a day of xeloda.... He has stopped taking Curcumin as it was making him sick with this Chemo - but I have also read since that Curcumin (with it's anti-oxidant) properties shouldn't be tanken with Chemo that has Free-Radical cancer killing action....... as the Curcumin could protect the cancer cells.

Also, the latest Oncologist that he's seen said that surgery wasn't being completely ruled out at this stage and that actually Edinburgh has a great surgeon for doing MIE.

I've also now learned that his tumour is 10cm long - not really sure what this means??? It sounds very big though.

Would love to hear from anyone with any thoughts on Curcumin/Treatment Plan......

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.... x

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Mary-Anne
    Mary-Anne Member Posts: 7
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Hi William,
    Thanks for

Hi William,

Thanks for replying to me :-) I hope you are well. I let me parents know last night that 10cm wasn't necessarily that big. I think dad has a CT scan in the next couple of weeks - so we'll see how things are going. I ordered some carnation instant breakfast from the US, so he is taking that and Whey Protein to help build himself up.... he also gets nutritional drinks on prescription. Mum spends a lot of time these days chopping up veg for dad's soup. He has managed to get down some chicken and fish the last few days, which is a new thing..... I pray this means that the tumour is being zapped!!!

You're such an inspiration William and you look so incredibly healthy in your profile pic.....

PS I read all the material you sent me - thanks!! I feel like an expert now :-)
  • Mary-Anne said:

Hi William,
    Thanks for

Hi William,

Thanks for replying to me :-) I hope you are well. I let me parents know last night that 10cm wasn't necessarily that big. I think dad has a CT scan in the next couple of weeks - so we'll see how things are going. I ordered some carnation instant breakfast from the US, so he is taking that and Whey Protein to help build himself up.... he also gets nutritional drinks on prescription. Mum spends a lot of time these days chopping up veg for dad's soup. He has managed to get down some chicken and fish the last few days, which is a new thing..... I pray this means that the tumour is being zapped!!!

You're such an inspiration William and you look so incredibly healthy in your profile pic.....

PS I read all the material you sent me - thanks!! I feel like an expert now :-)

This comment has been removed by the Moderator