Checking in...It's been awhile!

carlie48
carlie48 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,
I used to go by woodsygal on here, but changed my username. Just wanted to update the ones whom remember me, and meet new people. I will be a mentor to anyone whom needs me. I had BC in 2009, lumpectomy, port put in and chemo. Geez if not into the first round of chemo, my gall bladder acted up and back on the table again. Through all of this, I had an upbeat sense of being. I never got sick, ate too much (steroids), and walked to my chemo about mile in a half each way. The snow was a bit tricky! Lost my hair and had 2 cool wigs, long for the movie star in me, and short for the sassy part. I have many humorous stories under my bra, radiation was great, met great people. Not to say that I ever was "down", yeah once. Went and got my nails done, walked the dogs, lost my wig on a hanging tree branch, and laughed all the way home. Never once have I said "why me"? Hope I can be there for you all!!! Carlie

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    What a great attitude!
    My bc story isn't that colorful but I did my best to stay positive. Waiting for results was the most difficult part. I vowed that I would stay on the boards even if I were lucky enough to get my life back. Our Stage 4 bc sisters are very brave and hearing from them is very inspiring. I was diagnosed in 09 with stage 1. As we have seen, anything can happen no matter the stage at diagnosis. However, I think it is important to women in treatment to hear from early stage survivors, too. Women have left the boards in fear and missed out on support. Let's keep coming back to offer encouragement to the newly diagnosed. Thanks for sharing your story.

Roseann
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Glad you are doing well and
    Glad you are doing well and so happy to hear from you! You are an inspiration to us all!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I too stayed with GOOD thoughts...
    I did not go through all you did...(NO chemo) but sometimes we just have to laugh or joke!

Many have said I have a good outlook on things...to me it's just me!

I only found this board some time back..so not familar with you...but nice to meet now..

Denise W.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I too stayed with GOOD thoughts...
    I did not go through all you did...(NO chemo) but sometimes we just have to laugh or joke!

Many have said I have a good outlook on things...to me it's just me!

I only found this board some time back..so not familar with you...but nice to meet now..

Denise W.

welcome back your enthusiasm
    welcome back your enthusiasm is infectious. glad you are doing well, and chemo went well for you .
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    carkris said:

welcome back your enthusiasm
    welcome back your enthusiasm is infectious. glad you are doing well, and chemo went well for you .

Good to hear from you and
    Good to hear from you and it's great for newbies to see your spirit and humor. Humor can't cure cancer but I realized that when I found humor whether during my treatments or just a good joke it lightened my load. Laughter is truly good medicine.
    Stef
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    LOve love love hearing stories
    I just love your upbeat attitude and I do believe that attitude is alot of what gets you though. I'm not a newly diagnosed but I am past chemo and just begining radiation for stage II breast cancer - 2 lymph node infected and I too had a lumpectomy. I am also continuing with Herceptin. I'm dealing with residuals side effects from chemo but I'm hanging in and just keep looking head. I laughed at your story about losing your wig :):) I wear a wig now too but when it warms up... off it comes.
    Even those of those that are at the tail end of our journey still have questions and look to you long time surviors for advise.
    You look beautiful - thank you for being here for us

Kelly
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Carlie
    I for one welcome you back. Your enthusiasm is contagious. It's people like you on this board who have helped me through my journey. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. I'm the 5th on both sides of my family with bc. I had 6 rounds of chemo Taxotere/Cytoxan which ended in December. I never got sick and steroids made me want to eat. I gained way too much weight. Last week I started 28 radiation treatments. I get weighed every Monday and all I think about is losing weight! I had my port removed on Tuesday, so waiting for my body to heal in the next 2 weeks. I did not have reconstruction. I'm 61 and wear prosthetic bras. So happy that you've come back to lend an ear, give encouragement, or whatever.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Glad you are doing well and
    Glad you are doing well and so happy to hear from you! You are an inspiration to us all!

Welcome back! You sound
    Welcome back! You sound like you are living your life and that is what we all must do.

Hugs, Kylez
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    fauxma said:

Good to hear from you and
    Good to hear from you and it's great for newbies to see your spirit and humor. Humor can't cure cancer but I realized that when I found humor whether during my treatments or just a good joke it lightened my load. Laughter is truly good medicine.
    Stef

Your attitude is amazing!
    Your attitude is amazing! Glad you found your way back to say hi.

Jan
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    cahjah75 said:

Carlie
    I for one welcome you back. Your enthusiasm is contagious. It's people like you on this board who have helped me through my journey. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. I'm the 5th on both sides of my family with bc. I had 6 rounds of chemo Taxotere/Cytoxan which ended in December. I never got sick and steroids made me want to eat. I gained way too much weight. Last week I started 28 radiation treatments. I get weighed every Monday and all I think about is losing weight! I had my port removed on Tuesday, so waiting for my body to heal in the next 2 weeks. I did not have reconstruction. I'm 61 and wear prosthetic bras. So happy that you've come back to lend an ear, give encouragement, or whatever.
    {{hugs}} Char

Carlie
    Just wanted to welcome you back Carlie.
    You have been missed by many.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    new2me said:

LOve love love hearing stories
    I just love your upbeat attitude and I do believe that attitude is alot of what gets you though. I'm not a newly diagnosed but I am past chemo and just begining radiation for stage II breast cancer - 2 lymph node infected and I too had a lumpectomy. I am also continuing with Herceptin. I'm dealing with residuals side effects from chemo but I'm hanging in and just keep looking head. I laughed at your story about losing your wig :):) I wear a wig now too but when it warms up... off it comes.
    Even those of those that are at the tail end of our journey still have questions and look to you long time surviors for advise.
    You look beautiful - thank you for being here for us

Kelly

Really love your attitude and welcome back to the site!