Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    new2me said:

Thanks
    This picture is my favorite too :) my husband just took the picture, didn't even know it. :)

Your husband takes great
    Your husband takes great pictures! This is absolutely beautiful! What a precious grandson!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Hi Kelly
    I too was on

Hi Kelly

I too was on taxotere and had really bad neuropathy on my fingers and toes,and I did try naperxon, but didnt see it really did any good. Honestly I cant remember exactly when I started having feeling in fingers again, but I can say about 3 months after I stop the taxotere I notice small amount of feeling, so looking back I think right about month 5 it most have all came back. Strange, I know.

Lupe
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    new2me said:

Thanks
    This picture is my favorite too :) my husband just took the picture, didn't even know it. :)

I can see why it is your
    I can see why it is your favorite. How old is your grandson?
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I can see why it is your
    I can see why it is your favorite. How old is your grandson?

Hi Debby -
    My grandson is NOW almost 4 months but in that picture he was 1 month.

Thank you :)
  • LI_Duck
    LI_Duck Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016 #26
    Options
    CIPN

I have had severe Chemo Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in both feet for six years. The pain and numbness are worse night when I am trying to get to sleep. I stopped taking Lyrica due to side effects. I am sorry, but I cannot remember what those were. I declined to consider anti-depressants due to the probability of weight gain. I try to relax and coast through the worst bouts. I try to separate my feet from my body mentally. Otherwise, I use Jarrow brand Vit B-12 1 tab 2xday for 30 days, plus one Tylenol nightly, plus a miracle cream I found on Amazon called Penetrex. Rub it in. Gradually stops all pain so I can sleep. After using the Penetrex for several nights I can do without it for a month or more. Contains Arnica, Vit B 6, and MSM. My balance is poor because I cannot feel the ground. I try to always remember to hold railings, walls, handles.

I also have neuropathy in the tips of the fingers of my left hand a bit, and in the tips of the fingers of my right hand to an even lesser extent. The neuropathy in both hands seems to come and go. I developed MRSA in post mastectomy breast tissue. That led to excise of the infection and the apparent removal of lymph nodes which then led to lymphadema. Part of the treatment of the lymphadema included a special massage of the area. I could not reach the area, so I used a rolling pin. I do believe I stretched scar tissue, and somehow manipulated nerves, thus helping the neuropathy to heal in that area. No, I am not crazy. Hope this helps someone.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    new2me said:

Thank you so much for your reply....
    I looked up Paxil and thats for depression hummmm, wonder how that could helped with the neuropathy ??? Where did you get your gauntlet at? Yea, I read that it takes about 3-5 months. When did yours ease up?? I hope mine eases up soon. :)

Anti depressants, nerve meds, seizure disorder dugs

Many types of these drugs help with nerve pain as well. 

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    CIPN

I am 9 months out from T/C and I am still experiencing neuropathy in hands and feet.  I don't have constant pain, but when it hits -ouch!  MO said it will take time, and testing right now would not show anything definitive.  Lyrica was mentioned, but I am just getting adjusted to Armidex and I don't want to overload my body with new drugs - or any drugs for that matter.

hope you find relief!

Kathy

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    edited August 2016 #29
    Options
    Lyrica

I have a pretty bad case of CIPN. I finished chemo in Febuary. I've been on Lyrica for about 3 weeks. My hands have improved quite a bit; my left foot is better, but I can't tell about the right one.  The only problem is Lyrica makes me feel drugged.  And not in a good way. I hope I won't have to be on it too long.