2»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    delnative said:

Dittos ...
    ... to what Hondo said.
    Not only are we a family here, but we share something with every cancer survivor on the face of the planet.
    It's pretty cool when you meet someone and find they're a cancer survivor. You immediately share a special bond.
    Cancer: the gift that keeps on giving.

--Jim in Delaware

Jim
    That was the word I was looking for a Special Bond. Thanks
  • davidgskinner
    davidgskinner Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Hondo said:

Jim
    That was the word I was looking for a Special Bond. Thanks

Can't imagine
    I can't imagine the last year without this site. Thanks to all of you. What is that line about a burden shared becomes lighter? It fits.
  • Hondo
    Options

Can't imagine
    I can't imagine the last year without this site. Thanks to all of you. What is that line about a burden shared becomes lighter? It fits.

Hi David
    I just wish I too knew about CSN when I went through my first treatment back in 2002 and my second treatment in 2004. There was no one there for my wife caregiver and I and we were scared as hell not knowing what was next. We could not ask the doctor as I was his first case of NPC Cancer, did not find that out till after treatment was all most completed.

This site has been a great healing place for me and continues to be so. Somehow there is a special phenomenon that happens when we share and help each other, I think Jim’s word of Bond or Bonding together is correct as it makes us more of a family.

Take care my friend
    Hondo
  • ekdennie
    ekdennie Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    well said
    well said Hondo!
    I first signed on looking for information to help me deal with the side effects of radiation treatments, yet what I found instead was a wonderful support network. a place I could go when I just needed to vent. You are so very right about Caretakers too. without those who cared for me and my children I know I would not have healed as fast as I did...I would not have been able to rest wondering how my kids were doing. My mom did such a great job of taking care of them, I could focus on taking care of me. my husband could also focus on doing what I needed. I feel so blessed to have found CSN and to have had my caretakers through this journey.
  • Hondo
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Suzanne
    Don't sale yourself or caregivers short....you are very important.

When we don't have the drive, ambition, faith or perseverance to keep on pushing, you guys (gals), are there. You give us the encouragement (one way or another, LOL) to keep on pushing....

As said before, "When going through Hell, Keep going"....

You may nor be feeling the physical pain, but you are going through as much mental anguish as any of us are.

I thank you for being there....

Best,
    John

Very well said John
    We could do nothing with out our caregivers, they are our back bone, our strength and our Rock we lean on. Most of the time they are going through just as much pain as we are.
  • debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member Posts: 167
    Options
    agree
    Amen, Hondo. I do feel like I have found another family here. I just wish I had found it earlier. My husband was always telling me that I didn't understand; that I couldn't know what he was going through....and he was right. But after I found this board, I felt like I understood so much more by listening to what you guys (and gals) said. My husband was never one to express his feelings much when he did have a voice and after the laryngectomy it just seemed like an excuse not to communicate. I think I could sympathize with him more after reading posts on this board.
    I will continue to hang out here with my new friends who understand life with "c".
    debbie
  • Hondo
    Options
    debbieg5 said:

agree
    Amen, Hondo. I do feel like I have found another family here. I just wish I had found it earlier. My husband was always telling me that I didn't understand; that I couldn't know what he was going through....and he was right. But after I found this board, I felt like I understood so much more by listening to what you guys (and gals) said. My husband was never one to express his feelings much when he did have a voice and after the laryngectomy it just seemed like an excuse not to communicate. I think I could sympathize with him more after reading posts on this board.
    I will continue to hang out here with my new friends who understand life with "c".
    debbie

Hi Debbie

I am glad that you are here and just hope you do plan and stay. I know life for you is hard right now just remember there are a lot of us here who love you and are praying for you everyday, why because you are a big part of this family.

God be with you
    Hondo
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    susan0803 said:

caretakers
    Hondo,
    Thanks for including caretakers in your message. Sometimes I am not sure if I fit in here (since I am not the one going through the cancer) and many times I feel like I say the wrong thing, but will say this again - without this board and my new family on-line (you guys), me and my husband (tonsil cancer - finished treatment in Nov) would not have made it through as well as we did. All the help, encourgement, etc was amazing. It truly is a great family to be a part of!

and thhanks for reminding me to say thank you again!
    Suzanne

Caretakers
    Suzanne, you are the one going through cancer too! I have received a wealth of information and support via this forum. The wonderful people on this site really understand unlike family and friends who, although well-meaning say "you will be fine".
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Debbie

I am glad that you are here and just hope you do plan and stay. I know life for you is hard right now just remember there are a lot of us here who love you and are praying for you everyday, why because you are a big part of this family.

God be with you
    Hondo

Thank you all for putting
    Thank you all for putting into words what is in my heart and for being on this board.
    STacey