please read and thanks!

Options
rockchicksurvivor
rockchicksurvivor Member Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has had a reaccurence then went into remission for a long period of time(yrs)? I wonder if it is possible since I was told once you have a reaccurence you are considered incurable! hugs to all. :)

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    I haven't heard anyone say
    I haven't heard anyone say it's incurable if you have a recurrence, but I have heard that they consider it "chronic". I guess it's just a matter of semantics, but somehow "incurable" is scarier.

Jayne Armstrong, if I remember correctly, had a 3 1/2 year remission after being treated for her first remission. Google "Shopping Kharma blog" and you will find Jayne's blog. She is an amazing woman and an 8 year survivor.

Carlene
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    HI Rock Chick
    I believe Bonnie, who was on our Board for 7 years, also had 3 remissions!!!
  • nancygt
    nancygt Member Posts: 86
    Options
    hope
    You might take a look at recent post: Hope:Helen survivor of OC for 23 years is name. I had asked about my next 2 chemo drugs and Helen was kind enought to respond-not only has she made it 23 years, she has been active in Ovarian Cancer Coalition which is website where I met her and I got her permission to post this article.It almost made me excited about my next chemo with Cisplatin and Doxirubicin since she got great results.
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    nancygt said:

hope
    You might take a look at recent post: Hope:Helen survivor of OC for 23 years is name. I had asked about my next 2 chemo drugs and Helen was kind enought to respond-not only has she made it 23 years, she has been active in Ovarian Cancer Coalition which is website where I met her and I got her permission to post this article.It almost made me excited about my next chemo with Cisplatin and Doxirubicin since she got great results.

My surgeon explained if it never comes back I am considered cured. If it comes back once it is not curable but treatable.

Karen