Kathi M .. How is Mom?

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know.

Vicki Sam

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Stablized. Thank you, dear soul, for checking!
    She is still in ICU. Still on ventilator. Still not 'with it' (But she's on morphine..so, well...I remember it well). The pulmonologist for the ICU said he has seen other older people this bad, and they recovered.

So, with a bit less doom, my sister is staying thru the end of the week, and then Hans' son will take over for a bit. She is in ICU for at least 5 more days. Then, if all goes well, a week in a normal hospital bed. Then 2 weeks in a local stepdown facility. I will more than likely come back in time for the last part of the last leg in the stepdown, and then assess where she should be, based on her condition at that point. Right now, we have it covered without my needing to fly home.

My sister is getting a real education in critical care. I had my turn, if you remember, 2 years ago when Hans died for 3 minutes. And then didn't know who, what, or where he was for almost a month...sigh...

Thank you, dearheart, for checking up on me!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    KathiM said:

Stablized. Thank you, dear soul, for checking!
    She is still in ICU. Still on ventilator. Still not 'with it' (But she's on morphine..so, well...I remember it well). The pulmonologist for the ICU said he has seen other older people this bad, and they recovered.

So, with a bit less doom, my sister is staying thru the end of the week, and then Hans' son will take over for a bit. She is in ICU for at least 5 more days. Then, if all goes well, a week in a normal hospital bed. Then 2 weeks in a local stepdown facility. I will more than likely come back in time for the last part of the last leg in the stepdown, and then assess where she should be, based on her condition at that point. Right now, we have it covered without my needing to fly home.

My sister is getting a real education in critical care. I had my turn, if you remember, 2 years ago when Hans died for 3 minutes. And then didn't know who, what, or where he was for almost a month...sigh...

Thank you, dearheart, for checking up on me!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Thank you for the update Kathi
    I've been wondering how your mom was doing too ... and I think I can speak for many of us here. We're all family and we worry about each other.

Take care and let us know how things are going.

hugs.
    teena
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Yes, thank you for the
    Yes, thank you for the update. I am glad your Mom is under the watchful eye of her doctors and that your sister is there as well. She is in good hands. Take care.
    BL