BARTHOLIN GLAND CANCER / VULVA CANCER

Options
2»

Comments

• firsttimescare23
    firsttimescare23 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

You are the first person that I've heard say 'whiteish spot'. Thats what I have. I had 2 back to back yeast infections and then severe itching. The biopsy came back as squamous cell carcinoma. I find out what the plan is going to be going forward come friday. Its all I can think about.

• MMacaluso1
    MMacaluso1 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

My diagnosis was squamous cell carcinoma as well. I didn’t have the white spot but a small tumor on the Bartholin gland that got bigger After I was told not to worry. I really had no symptoms at all until the small lump appeared never even had a yeast infection. My understanding is a squamous cell carcinoma is very treatable. It’s a very stressful time but there’s light at the end of the tunnel and the most important thing now is you know what it is and it can be treated. I had 38 radiation treatments and six weeks of chemotherapy and I am now six months out and feel great. I go back for my second scan post treatment this month. The first scan in January came back good so we’re praying for the same outcome this time. I wish you luck and if you have any questions please reach out. Take good care.

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    Options

MMacaluso1,

Thank you so much for your reply! Sorry I am so late in responding as I have not really been on this website much in quite some time. I recently was diagnosed with lung cancer and am now dealing with that! First uterine cancer, then breast can't with double mastectomy and now lung cancer.....

I hope you are doing well. I was happy to read that you felt great and have come through a huge ordeal! I wish you luck and continued healing a good health!!

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    Options

oops, typo: "breast cancer" not 'breast can't"

• STDEKAGR
    STDEKAGR Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

hi everyone! I was diagnosed with Bartholin gland cancer in 2020! I had a hemivulvectomy and chemo and radiation. I was wondering how everyone else was doing, so far so good with me, the scan anxiety is real. And I think about my future prognosis constantly! So hard that this is such a rare cancer!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

hello STDEJAGR, I am a visitor from the Uterine/Endometrial cancer page (like to visit our gyn cancer sisters). My heart goes out to our sisters with such rare gyn cancers. We all want support, and it is always nice to find others who are going through exactly what we are going through. You are allowed to have that scan anxiety and I hope it gets less as you go through the years. I also hope someone with your cancer chimes in so you have a connection.

Hugs dear one