2nd Primary Cancer with bone mets

Options
2»

Comments

• warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Cyber hugs
    being sent to you. So sorry for your dx and feeling alone. Have you considered joining a BC support group?
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    warrrior3 said:

Cyber hugs
    being sent to you. So sorry for your dx and feeling alone. Have you considered joining a BC support group?

So sorry for you dx but this
    So sorry for you dx but this is a great site and we will support you and listen to you and just be there for you. There are some ladies here that can give you good advise but most of all we will hold you in our prayers and our hearts.
    Stef
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    fauxma said:

So sorry for you dx but this is a great site and we will support you and listen to you and just be there for you. There are some ladies here that can give you good advise but most of all we will hold you in our prayers and our hearts.
    Stef

BIG HUGS
    Sorry to hear your news, Please ask for something for the pain you should'nt have to live like that.
    You are not alone any longer you have all of us...were right with you sister.
    Please take deep breath, lots of HUGS...Karie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Patiann,
    So sorry you are dealing with this. There are very experienced women on this site, including those who are living with mets. Bone mets can be treated as a chronic condition with hormonal medication and radiation. I have heard that radiation can do wonders for the pain, so I hope you get relief soon. This is a scary journey at first, but you can and will get through it. You are tough, I can already tell -- after all, you've already been through colon cancer treatment. Hugs. Please continue to post.

Mimi
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    I have bone mets as well..
    Was dx'd in May of last year with mets to T-8, T-11, L-2 thru L5, sacrum, pelvic bones bilaterally and in the proximal femurs and lymph node involvement from the get go. My onc also stated that mastcetomy at this stage is pointless. I did 9 rounds of Taxotere and Cytoxin with Zometa which I finished in Novemeber. My Last PET scan showed all but one lesion on my right iliac were gone! I started taking Femara begining of December, took thru the entire month. Didn't refill for January due to extreme depression and exhaustion (I didn't feel that bad on chemo). I will see about a different med on next visit in 2 weeks.
    I too was very ovewhelmed and frightened, but it did get easier with time. Please know that there are many women that live very long and posperous lives even with a stage IV diagnosis.
    I'm sorry that your husband is not with you at this time. If you have transportation issues for appoinments you can check with your local American Cancer Society or even ask the social worker at your cancer facility. My husband took me to my 1st chemo as those are the rules, but i drove myself to subsequent appointments.
    I live in Florida as well. Where in Florida are you? If you live near enough I'd be happy to get together and maybe accompany you to some treatments.
    Feel free to pm me anytime.
    Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Was dx'd in May of last year with mets to T-8, T-11, L-2 thru L5, sacrum, pelvic bones bilaterally and in the proximal femurs and lymph node involvement from the get go. My onc also stated that mastcetomy at this stage is pointless. I did 9 rounds of Taxotere and Cytoxin with Zometa which I finished in Novemeber. My Last PET scan showed all but one lesion on my right iliac were gone! I started taking Femara begining of December, took thru the entire month. Didn't refill for January due to extreme depression and exhaustion (I didn't feel that bad on chemo). I will see about a different med on next visit in 2 weeks.
    I too was very ovewhelmed and frightened, but it did get easier with time. Please know that there are many women that live very long and posperous lives even with a stage IV diagnosis.
    I'm sorry that your husband is not with you at this time. If you have transportation issues for appoinments you can check with your local American Cancer Society or even ask the social worker at your cancer facility. My husband took me to my 1st chemo as those are the rules, but i drove myself to subsequent appointments.
    I live in Florida as well. Where in Florida are you? If you live near enough I'd be happy to get together and maybe accompany you to some treatments.
    Peace and Love,
    Edie

stupid double posts LOL

stupid double posts LOL
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Peace and Love,
    Edie

Hello Pattiann :) Another
    Hello Pattiann :)

Another stage IV here with bone mets. My onc said the same thing about losing the boob, so I've still got my original 2 lol. When I was diagnosed I was in so much pain I could not walk, I was being pushed in a wheelchair, started radiation after a few treatments started using a walker, then went to walking and driving on my own again!! There is hope :)

My onc also says she is treating me as if I had a chronic illness, and said I can live for long time with the mets. Dont give up!!

I hope your husband can be with you again soon. I am happily divorced (twice) but will admit there are times I wish I had a husband to lean on.

We are all here for you, feel free to pm me with any questions about the mets or any others.

♥ Libby
  • jessica80
    jessica80 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    So sorry to hear this!!
    I am a stage 4 breast with mets to the bone,and a few other places!!Did they start you on Zometa or another type of bone suppliment? I have done Zometa for almost 2 years and have pretty much lived off of pain killers!!I am a mother of 5 so I understand where you are coming from!I have learned that a hot bath for a few hour or even my hot tub can lighten the pain!!I also do alot of stretching which seems to hurt but I feel better afterwards!!On the other part I was never told not to have a masectomy cause it was on my bones I actually had mine done a year ago but Im definatly gonna ask when I go in tho!!I hopr this helps you maybe alil bit!!And Im sending you a big warm hug and I hope things get better!!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options

stupid double posts LOL

stupid double posts LOL

Pattiann
    Hello, as you can see already, you'll have many positive thoughts, prayers, and support here on this board. Perhaps we can lift your spirit.

I too am Stage IV with many nodes involved and mets to the liver, bones, and skin. The bones affected are the spine, ribs, and pelvis. I'm sorry you're in such pain and facing this pretty much alone. Congratulations on being a colon cancer survivor - you CAN survive this too.

Roseann said that we're all different and that is so true. I consider myself an individual-not a statistic! I was diagnosed in February 2010. Unlike Edie, my bone mets have not disappeared but have been stable since last May. I was told they will never be gone, so stable is very good. I did have a significant flare-up of the tumors in the breast and liver even while the bones were stable. Right now they're doing better.

I don't know for sure what your doctors will choose as a treatment plan for you, but I do know that I was told that surgery was unwarranted due to the extent of the disease. Your drug treatment will depend on the pathology report. They need to know if you are hormone and HER2 positive or negative. I've not had radiation. but have heard of a few who had it for bone mets. My treatments have been traditional chemotherapy drugs along with Herceptin for HER2+, and Zometa for the bones. It's not a walk in the park, but it is do-able AND life is worth fighting for!

I wish you the very best. Please come back and let us know how you're doing. God bless.
    Marsha
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    fauxma said:

Stef

Very sorry. Sending cyber
    Very sorry. Sending cyber hugs and prayers.

Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

stupid double posts LOL

stupid double posts LOL

I am sending you lots of
    I am sending you lots of hugs and lots of prayers.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

stupid double posts LOL

stupid double posts LOL

How are you doing Pattiann?
    How are you doing Pattiann? I hope that with all of the support, encouragement and prayers that you got, that you are feeling better.

Hugs, Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    jessica80 said:

So sorry to hear this!!
    I am a stage 4 breast with mets to the bone,and a few other places!!Did they start you on Zometa or another type of bone suppliment? I have done Zometa for almost 2 years and have pretty much lived off of pain killers!!I am a mother of 5 so I understand where you are coming from!I have learned that a hot bath for a few hour or even my hot tub can lighten the pain!!I also do alot of stretching which seems to hurt but I feel better afterwards!!On the other part I was never told not to have a masectomy cause it was on my bones I actually had mine done a year ago but Im definatly gonna ask when I go in tho!!I hopr this helps you maybe alil bit!!And Im sending you a big warm hug and I hope things get better!!

Welcome - New Sisters in PINK
    Sorry that you 2 newbies, Jessica 80 and Patiann find yourselves oming on the journey that none of us wanted to be on. Allow yourself time to absorb the information that is being given to you; take someone with you if possible to hear when you can't possibly absorb it all.

The waiting is really one of the hardest parts. Once you have a treatment plan in place, things will start to go a lot faster. We on this board know about the waiting and the high and lows of emotions one goes through -- so let us wait with you

You will find many wonderful, caring, uplifting, funny, amazing people along the way. Put your seat belt on, raise your arms up, scream and go!!!!

We are here to support you, and you will get through THIS!

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Welcome - New Sisters in PINK
    Sorry that you 2 newbies, Jessica 80 and Patiann find yourselves oming on the journey that none of us wanted to be on. Allow yourself time to absorb the information that is being given to you; take someone with you if possible to hear when you can't possibly absorb it all.

The waiting is really one of the hardest parts. Once you have a treatment plan in place, things will start to go a lot faster. We on this board know about the waiting and the high and lows of emotions one goes through -- so let us wait with you

You will find many wonderful, caring, uplifting, funny, amazing people along the way. Put your seat belt on, raise your arms up, scream and go!!!!

We are here to support you, and you will get through THIS!

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years
    I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago with breast cancer with mets to my bones. I have a spot on t-10 on my spine. It is stable right now, altho.ugh i do have back pain. I get infusion therapy of Zometa, also, which is usually every 3 weeks. I still had a masectomy even though i had bone mets. I think there is some debate on doing a masectomy if it has already spread. I have switched oncologists, and my new doctor told me that he would not have done a masectomy. But i personally am glad that i had my breast removed
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Welcome, Patiann,
    So sorry you are dealing with this. There are very experienced women on this site, including those who are living with mets. Bone mets can be treated as a chronic condition with hormonal medication and radiation. I have heard that radiation can do wonders for the pain, so I hope you get relief soon. This is a scary journey at first, but you can and will get through it. You are tough, I can already tell -- after all, you've already been through colon cancer treatment. Hugs. Please continue to post.

Mimi

Just adding my welcome to
    Just adding my welcome to you too, even though it is late. Also know that I am praying for you and sending you strength and positive thoughts.

Hugs, Debby