Don

Options
rmitchell
rmitchell Member Posts: 94
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
It has been a while since I have posted anything on the site. Don is doing very well. He is eating a lot better and sleeping well at night. He has some soreness in his back, but of course that is to be expected. He had an 8 inch incision across his shoulder and Dr told me he would be breaking a rib to do the surgery. He is not taking any pain medication and his heart rate is back to normal. We are praising God every day. He sees his surgeon on Thursday so we will see how he thinks things are going.Thank you everyone for your prayers and concern. Keep praying. He still has a ways to go.
Reba

Comments

• Boston67
    Boston67 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    I love good news on this site
    Hi,

I think we all love good news on this site. It warms my heart and gives me hope. Good luck to you.

Keith
    age 67 Boston
    Stage IV
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update!!!
    Reba,

Great to hear that Don is doing better. I had an Ivor Lewis about a year ago. My back was sore for about six months after my surgery. They have to make such a large incision back there and it seems to be right through the muscle that is under the shoulder blade, and seems to get moved and pressed on a lot when you sit or lay down.

But it gets better every day.

Glad to hear things are going well for Don.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    So glad Don is doing better.
    So glad Don is doing better. It's always good to hear when someone is able to eat and rest better.
    I can remember how uncomfortable it can be after surgery. Even after eating at the table, I couldn't keep sitting there because I would start hurting. The good news is that in time, this will get better. It takes a long time to fully recover.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and don,
    Sandra