Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Not knowing how the
    treatment is causes anxiety beacuse you just don't know WHAT to expect. I found rads not as difficult as Chemo. You'll be okay. Right now it's in front of you but soon it will be a thing of the past.

Praying for you,

Sylvia

Breast cancer is scary and
    Breast cancer is scary and so are all of the treatments, in my opinion. But, we do what we have to, to stop a recurrence and to live a long and healthy life free of cancer. I didn't burn with rads, got very dark pink and was very tender, but, I am glad I had them. They killed stray cancer cells that otherwise could have killed me eventually.

I will be praying for you and sending you a cyber hug,

Kylez
  • Charliebutts
    Charliebutts Member Posts: 9
    Options
    fauxma said:

All treatments are scary
    All treatments are scary especially before we have begun them. Anticipation can be so hard. I will pray that your rad treatment will be as easy as mine was. I was very fortunate not to burn at all, just a little browning, and not much fatigue. Many factors affect our reaction to radiation treatment. Prior treatment can be a big factor in fatigue but some have had lots of fatigue without having had chemo. Others have little fatigue. Burning is another area that varies widely. Be sure and use whatever they recommend and use it from the start. If you have any burning issues bring it up right away. Your best weapon in treatments can often be your mouth. Speak up and ask questions. I will keep you in my prayers that you have little to no problems with this. We are here to answer questions and to just give you support.
    Stef

Rads
    Thank you for that I will be stariting rads the end of the month and the dr. Said I will swell and be sore and I will be tried about the third week the chemo was good to me . They gave me a band to wear for sweat