2»

Comments

• the daughter
    the daughter Member Posts: 33
    Options
    SusanEliz said:

Welcome Jessica
    Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry you are going through this with your mother, but she is very lucky to have you to support her. I know you will get a lot of wonderful advice, support and info from the great women on this website. But I have one suggestion at this time- cut and paste your whole post exactly as you have written it and start a new topic with it. Not everybody will see it here so far down, and it's certainly a message they will be interested in reading and offering you info about. I'm not a big poster (I'm trying to improve because this board was such a help to me) but I am a regular reader and I can tell you it's worth the time to post it as a new post. I did not go the chemo-surgery-rads route although other here that have so they will be able to give you more information. There are many different treatment routes based on the individual factors in each case. But remember, most importantly there are many long term survivors! As scary as it is, breast cancer is not a death sentence- the odds are in her favor. I will add your mother to my prayers.

Best regards,

Susan

Thank you Susan, I will
    Thank you Susan, I will post as new and thank you for keeping us in your prayers- we'll see what they tell us on Wednesday,
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Heather
    I just read about you're being asked to be part of the Relay for Life. We never realize how much info our children soak up but it sure sounds like Camryn is a very grown up 9 year old! God bless her for wanting to tell her story from a child's perspective. Having a mom and a grandmom with bc is a lot for any child. You are truly a family of strong women!
    {{hugs to you all}} Char
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    PinkPearl said:

Congratulations to you AND your mom
    I can't begin to imagine how this ride has been for you both. My mom was diagnosed 35 years ago with her first breast cancer and she is now 86 so things can turn out just fine. She also survived a second breast cancer about 3 years ago-she is now 86. I admire you, your mom and your daughter--3 generations involved in helping. I wanted to let you know that posting the pictures of your mom gave me hope. It was great so see someone smiling with her dog and family during chemo. I am hoping that I will be mustering a smile too in a few weeks when I begin chemo.

This is great that your
    This is great that your Mother is done now. Very happy for her. Great pics!

Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    pattimc said:

Hey Heather
    So glad you are there to support your mom...as Chen said, I bet your relationship is better/stronger and more precious. I have two boys (in their 20's)I wish I'd had a daughter while going through the battle. Not that they didn't "get it", but it's different.

I had a very hard time on Taxotere...funny how everyone is so different with how they respond to SE's.

Love to you and your Mom!

Patti

Your Mother is beautiful,
    Your Mother is beautiful, just like you Heather!

Lex