Newbie here

Options
bostonlass
bostonlass Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I am a 45 yr old perimenapausal woman, married with two girls, ages 13 and 14. For the past two months I have had a really "full" feeling in my abdomen - kind of like when you eat a real heavy meal but it never goes away. My other symptoms are:

nauseau (getting increasingly worse and zofran not helping)
cramps (feels like someone is scraping the inside of my girl parts)
pain after sex (lasts for a few hours and have to take tylenol or it's unbearable)
slight fever
wicked exhausted

So....I went to my doctor yesterday because I just can't stand feeling like this. I have fibromyalgia so I'm used to feeling pain but the nauseau and now cramping put me over the edge.

She did a pelvic exam, couldn't feel any lumps, but when she pressed on my adbomen OMG the pain. She had to stop and I was in pain kind of like when I ovulate where I can barely breath for about 15 minutes. I've had cramping down there all day today and am super nauseous like nobody's business.

She ran the CA125 test which won't be back till 1/8/11 (why does it take so long), but coupled it with an ultrasound that I'm having tomorrow since she said alone the blood test won't tell her the whole story. She did caution me that since I'm peri-menapausal my levels might be high.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I've never been so paralyzed by fear in my whole life. Even when they thought I had MS I didn't feel this unable to function. I haven't been able to have a good cry yet since my kids were around all night but might let it all out tonight since they'll be with their dad. (I'm divorced from their dad for 12 yrs now).

Just wondering - does the ultrasound technician tell you on the spot if he/she sees anything? If they don't see anything is that the end of that and I can just go on with this mysterious thing inside me causing all this hullabaloo?

Thanks so much for being here for us newbies and I wish you all the best of luck in your journey.

Comments

• zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Dear Bostonlass! Sorry for
    Dear Bostonlass! Sorry for your pain and worry. CT scan will be next step. But vaginal ultrasonic test will show if any mass over there. Tachnicians not allowed to tell patient what they found usually. Doctor will tell when you will have follow up appointment with her(him). I get my copy of results (readings of the tests) sooner than seeing doctor by request in history records department. CA125 result will take longer if clinic where you belong does not process them, and they have to send your blood sample some where else. My result of CA125 are ready in 1-2 hours. Doctor after surgery, when they will have patology report will give you diagnosis. I hope you will not have ovarian cancer. But it is very good idea to do all test. (((HUGS))), Zina.
  • bostonlass
    bostonlass Member Posts: 2
    Options
    zinaida said:

Dear Bostonlass! Sorry for
    Dear Bostonlass! Sorry for your pain and worry. CT scan will be next step. But vaginal ultrasonic test will show if any mass over there. Tachnicians not allowed to tell patient what they found usually. Doctor will tell when you will have follow up appointment with her(him). I get my copy of results (readings of the tests) sooner than seeing doctor by request in history records department. CA125 result will take longer if clinic where you belong does not process them, and they have to send your blood sample some where else. My result of CA125 are ready in 1-2 hours. Doctor after surgery, when they will have patology report will give you diagnosis. I hope you will not have ovarian cancer. But it is very good idea to do all test. (((HUGS))), Zina.

thanks
    Thank you zina! Just curious - is it normal to still be in a lot more than usual pain down there after having an exam? It's almost unbearable today and remarkably stronger than other days. I had all my testing done at Mass General Hospital in Boston so I had assumed it would be a one day turnaround but I guess they must send out some of their testing.
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options

thanks
    Thank you zina! Just curious - is it normal to still be in a lot more than usual pain down there after having an exam? It's almost unbearable today and remarkably stronger than other days. I had all my testing done at Mass General Hospital in Boston so I had assumed it would be a one day turnaround but I guess they must send out some of their testing.

I am not sure about pain.
    I am not sure about pain. Women have different experience. With my 2C stage I not have sharp pain, but could be very uncomportable and annoying. (((HUGS))), Zina. P.S. What your first name, dear?
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I hope not
    Newbie I really pray it is not this dreaded cancer. I have a very strong feeling it is not sounds like fibriods or endometious. Good luck on all your testing and keep us posted .....val