Help PROOF vegetable juicing safe with diarrhea and help cancer ONC SAID NO JUICING TODAY !!!! help,

Options
2»

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

John , I love you mate, your posts are awesome and clear as MUD
    what a great explanantion.
    read every word twice.
    got the message.
    sipping and small volumes.

One trip to ER with severe dehydration caused by diarrhrea was enough.

By the way after I got home from ER, my daughter got diarrhea, she was stool sampled, the test came back rotavirus. I was santa claus at the preschool my sons goes on the friday before the diarrhea set in that weekend. so maybe the cause is a bug not chemo.
    The ileostomy has been working well under the heavy duty ONC treatment of 2 gastrow stop and 2 panadience forte morning and night for each chemo day. been doing this and the poos
    solid.

Only joking about the MUD. I actaully understood it all.

cheers,

Pete

You're not supposed to sip juice!
    If you want to get the full nutritional benefits.

Sorry Pete but the major benefit of juicing is twofold; 1) to give your stomach and liver a break from digestion without depriving them of great nutrients, 2) to digest the live enzymes released as the produce is juiced, something like 50% of the good enzymes die off within 15 minutes. Celery juice actually become toxic after 30 minutes so you want to drink it pretty quickly. That's why you don't make too much at a time unless you have no other choice.

Cheers!!
    Lisa P.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

You're not supposed to sip juice!
    If you want to get the full nutritional benefits.

Sorry Pete but the major benefit of juicing is twofold; 1) to give your stomach and liver a break from digestion without depriving them of great nutrients, 2) to digest the live enzymes released as the produce is juiced, something like 50% of the good enzymes die off within 15 minutes. Celery juice actually become toxic after 30 minutes so you want to drink it pretty quickly. That's why you don't make too much at a time unless you have no other choice.

Cheers!!
    Lisa P.

thanks scouty
    I have been having my juices straight away mostly.
    just thought of sipping, but now will just prepare fresh quantities more often.
    Its the day after chemo unhooked and no diarrhea.

thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice.

Pete