Options
2»

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    mollyz said:

Hi Linda, I really just read
    Hi Linda, I really just read your expression page,I joined the website in September also,I have a friend that was just diagnosed in November with IBC and she had her 2nd chemo on last Wednesday,your worst part is over with, the surgery will go much better,I will be praying for you,how are your kids with the whole ordeal?do they ask a lot of questions? i have two boy's 19 and 13,it doesn't seem to bother my youngest but my oldest is in college and his major is nursing so he watches me closely,God will be with you he didn't bring you and the rest of us this far to leave us.enjoy your parents.do you have brothers and/or sisters? I have one brother that lives in Englewood N.J. keep us posted. MollyZ

Molly,
    Thanks for asking.

Molly,

Thanks for asking. My kids are surprisingly good with this. They don't ask many questions, maybe because I usually put the info out there before they can ask. My son has no school they day of surgery, so he's flexible when it comes to planning. We're still trying to figure out what's best for my daughter that day. And I only have sisters, they're all in the northwest.

I hope your kids are taking your situation well. It sounds like they are, and I can hear the pride in your voice. If you're friend needs to talk with someone else who has IBC, send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Thank you all for the
    Thank you all for the support. I am relieved to have it scheduled, I'm not doing immediate reconstruction. We're waiting to complete rads, and heal fully. Then I'll decide about new boobies.

I will post soon after the surgery.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    cavediver said:

good news
    Glad to hear your parents are coming for a visit with you! And, also glad you have a date for the surgery...it is so much easier to plan when you have a time frame. You are right...one more step forward to the end of the tunnel. Enjoy your visit with family!
    Hugs and will keep you in my thoughts on the 14th

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your "date". So glad that your parents will be there with you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Good luck
    Linda,

I will be praying that your surgery goes well and that you start to feel better quickly after it is over. That check list that was posted has really good information on it. If you don't get everything done that you want to before the surgery don't worry about it.

I cleaned my whole house before my bi-lateral because I don't like it when people come over and I'm not ready for them (with my house as picked up as I'd like). After I got home and I noticed that some dishes weren't done or the laundry was starting to pile up I didn't let it bother me. I know that some people try to do too much after surgery and end up hurting themselves which makes their recovery time longer. Take it easy and have your parents and kids help around the house and do things for you as much as possible so you can focus on resting and healing. Take pain meds as you need them and try to take them when the pain starts (or before) so it doesn't get too bad. Make sure to eat fiber and drink lots of fluids - those pain meds can cause constipation which is not something you will want to deal with after surgery (trust me).

Take care and IM me if you have any other specific questions or concerns before or after your surgery.

Wolfi
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Here I thought you had a date with a great guy
    Linda,

I guess I am having a senior moment because when I saw your posting, I have a date, I really thought you were going out on a date with a gorgeous man.

It is great to hear the good news...visiting with your parents prior to your surgery.

Your bilateral mastectomy is taking place on my birthday. I had a contralateral mastectomy 4 years ago with immediate breast reconstruction. I would like to share some things with you.

First, take all the pain medication they give you. I did and never felt any pain.

Second, make sure you have a roomy and comfortable nightgown/pj's. Something easy to put on and take off.

Third, be a queen when you come home. Sit, read, watch TV. I hope you are fortunate to have someone help you that first week so you can be The Queen.

Fourth, you are going to be fine. After you heal and When you get your new boobs, you are going to love them.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    cavediver said:

good news
    Glad to hear your parents are coming for a visit with you! And, also glad you have a date for the surgery...it is so much easier to plan when you have a time frame. You are right...one more step forward to the end of the tunnel. Enjoy your visit with family!
    Hugs and will keep you in my thoughts on the 14th

This is great that your
    This is great that your parents are coming. Have a wonderful time with them.

And, best of luck with your surgery.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    aysemari said:

Linda......
    you had me going... I though DATE, date, like lovey, kissey date LOL

I wish you all the best with your surgery and NO complications, whatsoever!!!

Pretty sure you kind of know what's coming from these boards and if anything
    comes up or that little monster called anxiety flares up, you know where to
    find me.

Love,
    Ayse

Yes, I thought a romantic date
    even this date is not a romantic one still a very important event.
    Wishing you easy time during your surgery, clear margins and pathology report, and quick recovery.
    Good luck,
    New Flower