End of the fight

rankind
rankind Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
My brother Jeff lost his fight with Pancreatic Cancer on December 22. He was so brave for all of us and his dignity was in tact to the end. We had a memorial for him on December 28th and it was absolutely beautiful. Jeff was a kind and warm person and there were over 250 people there that he had somehow put a stamp on their lives. Wow what a testimony to his life. I miss him so badly I just about can't stand it. My other brother, Donnie and I are taking turns staying with mom and dad for another week or so just to make sure they are going to be ok. I know this is so very hard on them to lose the eldest son at the age of 56. Thank you all for all the advise and encouragement that you have offered during this horrible time in my live. Love to all of you and continued hope and prayers for you and your loved ones. Thanks Debbie

Comments

• zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Thinking of you
    Deb,
    I am so sorry .
    In Peace
    Jennie
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    prayers
    Debbie, I know this must be so hard for you. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Hugs.
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Sorry Deb
    Deb,
    So sorry to hear that Jeff lost his battle. I hope you all support each other at this trying time. He's at peace now and will suffer no more. Take care of your mom & dad. It's got to be so hard to lose a child no matter how old they are.
    Prayers for you & your family.
    It's such an honor when so many people show up. For my husbands funeral there were over 400 people there and it was such a great tribute to him. "Carole"
  • mswijiknyc
    mswijiknyc Member Posts: 421
    thinking of you
    keeping you in my thoughts.
  • neverquit
    neverquit Member Posts: 220 Member
    Sorry for your loss
    I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
  • AlwaysMomsGirl
    AlwaysMomsGirl Member Posts: 8
    I'm sorry
    Debbie,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss; I certainly sympathize. I'll keep Jeff and your family in my prayers. Our deeds are our legacy and it sounds like your brother touched many people in his lifetime.

All my best,
    A.
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320

I'm sorry
    Debbie,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss; I certainly sympathize. I'll keep Jeff and your family in my prayers. Our deeds are our legacy and it sounds like your brother touched many people in his lifetime.

All my best,
    A.

My thoughts are with you and
    My thoughts are with you and your family on the loss of your brother.....

Take care of each other.
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Deepest Sympathies
    Oh Debbie
    I am so sorry my friend for the loss of your brother. Yes, he did put up a great fight. He was most brave. Praise the Lord so many came to his memorial. You are most welcome, we are always here to help you. Now you can help others as well. Come back and visit often. Let us know how you and your family are doing. Hugs to all of you. May God grant you the peace you all need at this most difficult time.
    Tina in Va