AND JUST FINISHED CHEMO # 4.... WHATS NEXT????

najely99
najely99 Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HEY EVERYONE JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT MY MOTHER JUST FINISHED HER FOURTH AND LAST CHEMOTHERAPY... AND IM SO SO HAPPY... MY MOM WAS DIAGNOSE LIKE AROUND JUNE OF 2010 AND RAPIDLY HAD A MASECTOMY, SHE STARTED HER FIRST 2 CHEMO MEDICINE THRU THE HER VEINS BUT THEN DECIDED TO HAVE A PORT IN HER, THE THIRD CHEMOTHERAPY WAS OK BUT JUST BEFORE HER LAST ONE HER PORT GOY INFECTED WHICH THEY HAD TO TAKE HER PORT OUT AND AS A RESULT SHE HAD SOME BACTERIA IN HER BLOOD DUE TO THE INFECTION OF THE PORT, SHE SPENT LIKE ABOUT A WEEK IN THE HOSPITAL UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION AND THEN 2 WEEKS CARRYING A ANTIBIOTIC BAG AND GOING TO THE HOSPITAL TO CLEAN OUT WHERE THE PORT WAS TAKEN OUT FROM. AT LAST DECEMBER 29, 2010 WAS THE LAST DAY OF HER CHEMO, OVER THE PAST DAYS SHE HAS BEEN HAVING SOME STOMACHACHES THAT COME AND GO AND SOME NASEUA... SHE IS ALRIGHT BUT I JUST WANT HER TO GET BETTER AND BETTER... SHE HAS AN APPT. TO CHECK HER BLOOD, AND THEN SHE HAS A PPT. WITH HER ONC. BUT I WONDER WHAT IS NEXT??? IM JUST GRATEFUL WE HAVE OVERCOME THIS GIANT STEP... THANKS EVERYONE...

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Yea for no more chemo!!
    So happy she is over this giant step!! It feels good to be done with chemo. I had a lumpectomy so I did rads next, not sure about your Mom though. Hope she feels better with the stomach issues. Congratulations again on being done with chemo!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Yea for no more chemo!!
    So happy she is over this giant step!! It feels good to be done with chemo. I had a lumpectomy so I did rads next, not sure about your Mom though. Hope she feels better with the stomach issues. Congratulations again on being done with chemo!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

So glad that she is done
    So glad that she is done with chemo and hoping her stomach issues resolve themselves. After you meeting with her oncologist you will see what the next step will be. Prayers for her are being sent.
    Stef