Options
2»

Comments

• ekdennie
    ekdennie Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ekdennie said:

pain
    Shelly, I am so sorry I wasn't on when you were in such pain...I had the same thing! my dr changed my meeds a couple of times and even the magic mouthwash wouldn't always work. It will get better. I don't know if it will help you or not, but I found that I had the worse pain about three days after any new sores showed up, or 3 days after I noticed a new problem. it would get better after the 3rd day. I was also told by my dr to not wait if there is any pain, to call right away and she would have added in a patch (especially when it was hard to swallow). immune compromised...I found out after treatment that radiation treatment can make you immune compromised. I have gotten every cold of every person I have been in contact with. order some scandi shakes...or mail me your address and I will send you some I have left....they have tons of calories, so each swallow you can make is getting you a lot of nutrients and calories...the more calories you can consume the better you will heal, especially if they are protein rich calories.

huge hugs heading your way!

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    ekdennie said:

couple things
    i have no clue why your ro said that thrush was not common during rads, because it is. as far as being immune compromised, cancer patients often are.

also slimfast isnt really that low calorie. it is just used as a meal replacement when you are dieting to only have that small serving of calories vs a big meal. you can use the slimfast to gain weight if you are drinking it in addition to the normal calories you would otherwise be taking in. weight loss or weight gain its all a numbers game. number of calories. if you are able to get in your required number of calories to keep your weight stable with the slim fast, that is ok... but if you are having trouble with swallowing i would move to something with a higher concintrate. carnation hvc has like 560 cals a can i think.

hare in there sweetie.