Chefdaddy. (Mike)

Options
2»

Comments

• Chefdaddy
    Chefdaddy Member Posts: 170
    Options

I really just wish that he
    I really just wish that he would catch a break. Praying for him every day. Thank you so much for the update. I so appreciate it, Hondo.

Pancreatic cancer
    Hi guys,

I noticed there doesn't seem to be a listing on the list of different kinds of cancer for pancreatic cancer and I was wondering why?

Maybe there are too few survivors. I would like to chat with someone who has also gone through it and the radical re-constructive surgery procedure called a Whipple.

Now that I have been over-radiated to the extent that my entire digestive tract no longer functions properly and ALL my doctors have told me that they don't have a clue as what to do to fix it, I'm in serious trouble.

I was ambulanced to the hospital last Friday thinking I had ripped something at the top of my stomach from coughing violently after choking on food I was trying swallow.
    They did a CT scan and told me that I was severely impacted and they hospitalized me.
    I told them when I arrived that it had been three weeks since I had a bowel movement and that I was in a lot of pain. They tried just about everything to break it loose but it was high on the ascending intestine. I drank a gallon of "Golytely" which did not go through. I was given (3) 2300 ml enemas and on Sunday a tiny bit passed and they quickly discharged me, saying that it's working now and I would have further success at home.

Nothing more has passed and I'm getting further distended and in more pain. I saw my radiation doctor today and he scoped me trying to see why I keep coughing up blood everyday but he didn't find anything unusual. I then saw a new doctor who works with patients dealing with chronic pain and he and I looked through the images from the CT scan together and he noticed that I had a restriction and my esophagus and stomach were
    enlarged. So it's anyones guess what their planning to do next OR just let me die from being impacted and/or malnutrition.

Either way I am very angry with most of the doctors there but I can't switch hospitals until after I have the bone grafting on my skull and the implants put in.
    I apologize for any typos as I'm on meds and very weak.

Hope to talk again soon.
    Miss you all!

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Pancreatic cancer
    Hi guys,

I noticed there doesn't seem to be a listing on the list of different kinds of cancer for pancreatic cancer and I was wondering why?

Maybe there are too few survivors. I would like to chat with someone who has also gone through it and the radical re-constructive surgery procedure called a Whipple.

Now that I have been over-radiated to the extent that my entire digestive tract no longer functions properly and ALL my doctors have told me that they don't have a clue as what to do to fix it, I'm in serious trouble.

I was ambulanced to the hospital last Friday thinking I had ripped something at the top of my stomach from coughing violently after choking on food I was trying swallow.
    They did a CT scan and told me that I was severely impacted and they hospitalized me.
    I told them when I arrived that it had been three weeks since I had a bowel movement and that I was in a lot of pain. They tried just about everything to break it loose but it was high on the ascending intestine. I drank a gallon of "Golytely" which did not go through. I was given (3) 2300 ml enemas and on Sunday a tiny bit passed and they quickly discharged me, saying that it's working now and I would have further success at home.

Nothing more has passed and I'm getting further distended and in more pain. I saw my radiation doctor today and he scoped me trying to see why I keep coughing up blood everyday but he didn't find anything unusual. I then saw a new doctor who works with patients dealing with chronic pain and he and I looked through the images from the CT scan together and he noticed that I had a restriction and my esophagus and stomach were
    enlarged. So it's anyones guess what their planning to do next OR just let me die from being impacted and/or malnutrition.

Either way I am very angry with most of the doctors there but I can't switch hospitals until after I have the bone grafting on my skull and the implants put in.

Hope to talk again soon.
    Miss you all!

Mike

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions
    Hi Mike, as best I can tell most of the pancreatic cancer discussions are under the forum for Rare and Other Cancer.

So very sorry that you are still having to battle the beast.

Definitley wish you some time for comfort and relaxation. I know it's been a really long time for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers brother....

John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions
    Hi Mike, as best I can tell most of the pancreatic cancer discussions are under the forum for Rare and Other Cancer.

So very sorry that you are still having to battle the beast.

Definitley wish you some time for comfort and relaxation. I know it's been a really long time for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers brother....

John

Mike

I believe that you and I both fall under the category of living longer then our doctors anticipated us too. At lease that is what my Oncal doctor told me 8 months ago, with only a 20% chance to survive my second treatment he made no efforts for what to do if I lived. I believe that this is one of my problems why every ENT I see will not touch me for fear they might do something that will be life threatening to me and having my wife sue them.

What a boat to be in my friend, take care Mike I am always praying for you.
    Hondo
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Mike

I believe that you and I both fall under the category of living longer then our doctors anticipated us too. At lease that is what my Oncal doctor told me 8 months ago, with only a 20% chance to survive my second treatment he made no efforts for what to do if I lived. I believe that this is one of my problems why every ENT I see will not touch me for fear they might do something that will be life threatening to me and having my wife sue them.

What a boat to be in my friend, take care Mike I am always praying for you.
    Hondo

Thoughts are with Him
    Thanks Sweet For checking on Mike, news like his makes a mark on how rough others have it, prayers going to him....Dennis, Thanks too Hondo as well, Take Care Guys!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Pancreatic cancer
    Hi guys,

Hope to talk again soon.
    Miss you all!

Mike

Sorry Mike. I so wish there
    Sorry Mike. I so wish there was something I could do for you. You know you can always call or text me 24/7 if you ever want to just chat. Always in my prayers. <3 D
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Pancreatic cancer
    Hi guys,

Hope to talk again soon.
    Miss you all!

Mike

In our hearts
    Hi Mike, sorry to hear you are having ongoing blockage. I've read all your posts for the last year, and like Sweet and everyone else out here I wish there was something I could do, or give, to help you. Your cascading problems are what most of us fear the most. I can only imagine going through what you have, but I can't imagine being able to continue keeping in touch with this board, or maintaining your strength of character. Know that there are many, many people here who hold you in their hearts.

best, Hal