Facebook

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know that so many of our sisters are on facebook and that sometimes, when you need to step back from this board, you can keep in touch there. So, I did the FB thing last spring. If, I haven't mentioned it before, I'm more than a little challenged electronically.

I never told my parents about my BC. It was easier to hide it from them than to add to their burdens. So, I find that all this stuff from my friends/family on FB is all over my page. Whoops! So far no BC stuff on there. I also see that my daughter, who must have stolen a few photo albums from me, has posted a ton of pictures on there. Plus, comments from some of our younger relatives that are shocking to me, are on there.

Help! How do I clean it up and how do I keep it reflecting me alone?

Thank you!

Sue

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Sue,
    I posted this a few minutes ago, but it disappeared????

Does your daughter have your password? If so, change your password.

If you want to delete something on your wall, go down to the post and click next to the name of the person that posted and you should see a light "x". If you click on that "x", the post should be gone.

If you want to deactivate your account completely, in the upper right hand corner of the screen click "Account Settings" then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on
    "Deactivate account". Hope this helps.

xoxo
    Jean
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Hi,
    you could remove post / information from your FB page that you aren't comfortable with having there.
    For instance, if someone posted something on 'your' wall that you'd like to remove..
    there should be an x in the upper right hand corner, just next to the actual post you would like to remove.