Options
2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Cancer does Suck
    I agree. Hang in there. You have to do what you have to do to survive. Someday treatment will just be like a bad dream. So try to remember the good moments rather than the bad.

Marcia-your comment cancer sucks
    I just had flash back...the day I had my surgery a very dear friend (who just died of cancer few months back-like a mom to me) went with me for my sugery. As they were making loopy in holding area..she bent down to kiss me and said " CANCER IS A ****" THE last thing I heard and light out..!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    I know what cancer surgeries
    I know what cancer surgeries are all about, I have had quite a few in my 16 years with this disease.

Right now you are very tired from treatment and everything is jaded. You will do ok with the surgery. A mastectomy isn't that bad. It sounds a lot worse than it is. Lymph node dissections are worse, but they don't do those these days unless they find more lymph nodes with problems. I hope you won't have to have one of these.

It seems endless while you are going through all the treatments and surgery, but in a little while it will all be history. Hopefully, a bad memory and then life will take over and things will be better.

Best wishes on the 13th,

Doris
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    SIROD said:

I know what cancer surgeries are all about, I have had quite a few in my 16 years with this disease.

Right now you are very tired from treatment and everything is jaded. You will do ok with the surgery. A mastectomy isn't that bad. It sounds a lot worse than it is. Lymph node dissections are worse, but they don't do those these days unless they find more lymph nodes with problems. I hope you won't have to have one of these.

It seems endless while you are going through all the treatments and surgery, but in a little while it will all be history. Hopefully, a bad memory and then life will take over and things will be better.

Best wishes on the 13th,

Doris

Chemo Sucks
    but if it sucks the cancer out of me then Yay Chemo
    Sorry you are having to go through this.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    TJ... it's not easy, but you
    TJ... it's not easy, but you are doing it! Congrats on getting through chemo. In time your taste buds, appetite, and body will adjust. It takes time to recover from what you've gone through.

You have moved onto the next level in your recovery. You will get through it one step at a time. Keep going you're doing GREAT!
    BL
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    tjohnson
    just wanted to check in and see if feeling a bit better! I have not gone through chemo-but still sending good thoughts you way...

I hope you are doing better...venting ....I think always helps..
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    SIROD said:

Best wishes on the 13th,

Doris

Doris
    Love you way of thinking....
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Betsy13 said:

didn't have chemo
    but had 2 surgeries and radiation. Be kind to yourself. Sleep when you need to. I would take it away if I could. All I can say it hang in there, beat this beast, vent when you need to. We are here for support. Personally, I don't know what I would have done without this site. It is my only support.

I'll be praying for you,
    Betsy

I didn't take chemo, but,
    I didn't take chemo, but, from what I have read on here from those that did, and, from friends of mine that have, it is so hard on you. Give yourself time and try to be patient. I just know you will start to feel better.

Hugs,

Megan