Still here/Happy New Year

coolvdub
coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I'm still here, just been fighting a cold for the last two weeks so I have not been on the computer much. As strange as it sounds, I'm grateful to just be dealing with the run of the mill cold. The really wierd thing is, while I was doing chemo I never caught a cold or the flu. I was really worried about that since I work in a very public building on a military base with all kinds of service people strolling through that have been in all parts of the world. I hope this new year brings everybody good health and happiness. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Don

Comments

• PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    congrats on cold
    In that case, congratulations on your cold. I will try to have a good weekend, and I certainly hope you do, too.

--Greg
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    PGLGreg said:

congrats on cold
    In that case, congratulations on your cold. I will try to have a good weekend, and I certainly hope you do, too.

--Greg

Hey Don
    Happy New Year to you too. Take care.

Jennie
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Happy New Year back 'atcha :)
    Hey Don,

Interesting you should mention about not having a cold the whole time you were on chemo... I was the same way!! Back when I was on the FOLFOX intraveneously and with the pump, never a touch of a sniffle, cold or flu. And that's when our immune system is suppose to be at it's lowest! But then, when I was off chemo and had been off long enough for all traces of chemo to have left my system... bam! I got a nasty cold :D When I went back on chemo last June (Xeloda)... no cold/flu or anything all through the summer and Fall. I'm now on a break from chemo until Feb 7th... I sure hope I don't catch what's going around up here :)

Anywho... I thought it was interesting to hear that someone else had the same experience! Hope you get over the nasty cold (I swear having a cold is one of the most miserable experiences and no one gets sympathy because it is such a common bug) :)

Happy New Year!!

Cheryl
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay for a cold
    It's good to see a post from you, Don. Congrats on that ordinary cold! *smiles* Hope this year is wonderful for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hey Don
    Hey Don,
    Good to see you. Same thing with **** when he was on chemo. He never even had a sniffle. Figured the germs didn't have a chance against the chemo.
    Best to you in 2011.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Hey Don
    Hey Don,
    Good to see you. Same thing with **** when he was on chemo. He never even had a sniffle. Figured the germs didn't have a chance against the chemo.
    Best to you in 2011.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Happy new year Don!
    Good luck with your flu!
    Hugs!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Me, too!
    I was my "healthiest" while going through treatment - not sick for a single day (and I went through chemo in the winter months.) For the year following my diagnosis and throughout treatment - IP and systemic chemo (Folfox) I was healthy.

Now I get colds, etc, again.

Part was the care I took in avoiding crowds and potential germy situations. But that shouldn't have protected me as well as it did.

Happy New Year to all!

Alice