OK--this had to be asked--anyone with a New Year's Resolution?

Options
missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My plan is to lose weight. At my age, I'm really so over being "skinny" I just want to be healthy. So, on Monday (after a good weekend of indulgence!) I'm doing it. I'm a Weight Watchers lifetime member, so I know all about the points, etc. I go to my gym or walk my Vizsla 5x a week. So I can do this. Right? I would like to lose at least 20 lbs.

I am also going to become a "Chemo Angel." I had 2 angels when I was going through treatment--they were wonderful and they helped me so much. I want to pay it forward to someone else.

Okay, girls/guys I have thrown out the challenge--what will you do to improve your life?

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    To ride NED (or Rague) into
    To ride NED (or Rague, my mare) into 2012!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Renee,
    Back to Weight Watchers for me too. It really worked for me before this breast cancer crap! They have a new program that just started about a month or so ago. You get more points, but things we ate before have higher points now. However, you can eat as many fruits & veggies that you want (except for like potatoes & corn).

Happy New Year to you, my friend. xoxo Jean
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Your plans are wonderful. I want to lose weight, but just don't have the time to commit right now - good excuse, huh? And I know that you have already been an 'angel' to one of our sisters, so I know that you will be perfect in that capacity.

Warm hugs,

Sue
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I HAVE never made resolution
    I am pretty much a very self reliant person (if that makes sense)If i want to call it that..meaning If i decided something I stick to it...so do all during the year..not just at new years...

not sure if I am wording it correctly
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Whats a Chemo Angel
    Good for you on the weight watchers. I need to join to.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Ditto on the weight loss,
    Ditto on the weight loss, but also I would like to find a job, not just any job to pay bills but one that I will actually like for a change.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Ditto on the weight loss,
    Ditto on the weight loss, but also I would like to find a job, not just any job to pay bills but one that I will actually like for a change.

what's a chemo Angel?
    and I plan on quitting a nasty habit that I've had for many, many years. I'm sure it's not helping the cancer any either. My doctors aren't too concerned about it right now, but it's really bothering me, so I'm going for the gusto :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

what's a chemo Angel?
    and I plan on quitting a nasty habit that I've had for many, many years. I'm sure it's not helping the cancer any either. My doctors aren't too concerned about it right now, but it's really bothering me, so I'm going for the gusto :)

Miss Renee .. what a wonderful way to give back .. or
    play it forward.. Chemo Angel --- support system for newbie's. On the WW front, I re-joined a little over a month ago and all fruit is free, including banana's.. plus 49 x points per week, just for the heck of it! I am losing weight weekly, having my prime rib at the Outback .. juicy hamburger and fries .. and yet, seem to lost weight every week .. never ever do I feel like I'm missing out! Had cup cakes 2 weeks ago .. counted them and lost 2.4 pounds that week .. why I didn't go back earlier is beyond me. When your ready, I guess your are ready.

Texasgirl10 .. i quit smoking during my chemo treatments .. smoke free 16 months and counting .. it was difficult to quit,no question about it -- however, I thought it was stupid to smoke and have chemo at the same time, that didn't make much sense.

Lot's of luck to all,

Vicki Sam