not the best news I'm afraid

Options
Nana2
Nana2 Member Posts: 255
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, the Doctor told us the tumors are back and growing on Jim's liver. He has a spot on his lung which showed up on the CT scan but did not glow on the PET scan so we'll remain optimistic about that one. Dr said surgery would not be an option right now and Jim will need to change from the folfox (which obviously was ineffective) to something else. We will see him on Tuesday. I think I heard Erbitux(?) We both slept well last night. I did not read the report until I got into the Doctors office and then didn't understand it anyway so I'm glad I waited to hear directly from her. We are doing okay and haven't lost hope because there are still options. We are just so disappointed that after all he's gone through with the liver surgery, it didn't really seem to work.
Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes. We both seriously slept like a baby last night! For today, we're walking and breathing and nothing hurts so it's still a good day!
((Hugs to all of you))
April

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    April feel so sorry about Jim's news.
    Hope they find a new plan for him l pray for it!.
    Both have a big Hug from here!.
    ( l always wanted to tell you that yours is the most beautiful avatar in the board).
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    April:
    I'm sorry the news was not better. I know the feeling of the "rug being pulled out from under you". After all Jim has been through and the tumors are back in the liver. Unfortunately, I have read this over and over that tumors come back after resection but resection is still the best option if it is available. Is RFA an option?

Take care - Tina
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Options
    April,
    Sorry you didn't get

April,
    Sorry you didn't get good news, but glad you guys slept last night and nothing is hurting right now.
    We will keep you both in our prayers.
    Linda and Ellie
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    Options
    geotina said:

April:
    I'm sorry the news was not better. I know the feeling of the "rug being pulled out from under you". After all Jim has been through and the tumors are back in the liver. Unfortunately, I have read this over and over that tumors come back after resection but resection is still the best option if it is available. Is RFA an option?

Take care - Tina

don't know about the RFA
    don't know about the RFA Tina, I asked about whatever it is that they implant..some kind of seeds or something, but Doctor said that would be only if chemo doesn't work. I wonder now about the RFA.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    So sorry that the news wasn't better. Maybe a new chemo will work, as there are so many out there. Glad you slept well - that can help mentally too.

Kim
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Nana2
    I am so sorry this wasn't the news you wanted to hear. I hope the new plan is set soon + is very successful.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your spirit!!!!
    I know it's a big disappointment, but with your positive attitude supporting his positive attitude, well, the beast BETTER be on the RUN!!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    April
    April,
    That is tough news to get but I am glad Jim still has options. Praying that hope brings you peace.
    Holding you in the light.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Options
    Hang in there! Everytime I
    Hang in there! Everytime I get discouraged it seems it is my Doc who tells me not to give up there are MORE things to try!!! Stay in there! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Jean
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Praying
    April, I'm praying for you and Jim.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Praying
    April, I'm praying for you and Jim.

*hugs*
    Gail

happy new wishes anyway
    April,

I pray this will be the best year yet.
    Filled with hope and full of peace and healing.

Another challenge for you guys, I am sure you are up to it.

best wishes,

Pete