KathiM dear! The new Avatar is that Pic from today?

Options
pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hugs!

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Already out on the ICEd canal out front....with my daughter and beau....

AND I DID NOT BREAK ANYTHING (yet...lol!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yup....
    Already out on the ICEd canal out front....with my daughter and beau....

AND I DID NOT BREAK ANYTHING (yet...lol!)

Hugs, Kathi

If I fall over outside I will drown
    Our rainfall so far this month in my town is 27 inches. Two entire towns have had to be completely evacuated another two have had the highest floods in a century. A town in the north of the state has had nearly eight metres of rain this year.It is not going to be a happy new year for a lot of people ,sadly a lot of the evacuees from rural areas had to leave their pets and livestock behind ,not many will survive. I think the entire world is getting a practical lesson in global warming. Just onother thing for us to survive..siiigggghhhh,Ron.
  • ron50 said:

Our rainfall so far this month in my town is 27 inches. Two entire towns have had to be completely evacuated another two have had the highest floods in a century. A town in the north of the state has had nearly eight metres of rain this year.It is not going to be a happy new year for a lot of people ,sadly a lot of the evacuees from rural areas had to leave their pets and livestock behind ,not many will survive. I think the entire world is getting a practical lesson in global warming. Just onother thing for us to survive..siiigggghhhh,Ron.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

I saw the floods on the news!
    Horrible!

And Southern California, and the terrible things along the East Coast in America...

truly terrible!!!

Ron, dearheart, PLEASE do NOT fall over!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

dearest ron
    Ron the canadian press is all over your flooding disaster. Ron it looks really really bad....please do not fall over and keep us up to speed....will you have to evacuate??

mags
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I live in Central California
    I live in Central California and my county was also flooded and declared an emergency. My house was fine thank goodness but others got flooded. There was a picture of one house right before Christmas that showed their livingroom in about a foot of water with gifts floating and the tree in the corner. It really tore up our old country roads.
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi from new years day
    I woke at three this morning to the sound of pouring rain. The forecast for today is fine and sunny,faint hope. I haven't had to evacuate but my mouldy old flat has probably had water thru it eight times in the last six months. They just tiled my bedroom so that they don't have to dry carpet all the time. The floods are almost beyond belief. For the benefit of people overseas the extent of the area flooded is the size of germany and france combined. The trouble is it is not even our wet season yet and they are predicting numerous cyclones to develop in the coming months. Every dam in Queensland has two full levels,full and flood mitigation full. Every dam is at the second full level. You are right Gail about the roads ,ours are shot ,the state government at first estimated 1.9 billion in road and rail infrastructure repairs now they are talking about 10 billion. One of the major towns in central queensland,Rockhampton is expected to be cutoff today by runoff from the second largest catchment in Australia. They are expected to be isolated till mid January.On top of that they are expecting the worst outbreaks of ross river and dengue fever in decades. Unfortunately a lot of people have had dengue and a second bout results in symptoms similar to ebola. Mosquitoes aren't just a pest ,they are deadly. Wishing you all if not a happy new year the limitless ability to cope with what nature,man and poor health can throw at you.. Keep safe Ron.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Hi from new years day
    I woke at three this morning to the sound of pouring rain. The forecast for today is fine and sunny,faint hope. I haven't had to evacuate but my mouldy old flat has probably had water thru it eight times in the last six months. They just tiled my bedroom so that they don't have to dry carpet all the time. The floods are almost beyond belief. For the benefit of people overseas the extent of the area flooded is the size of germany and france combined. The trouble is it is not even our wet season yet and they are predicting numerous cyclones to develop in the coming months. Every dam in Queensland has two full levels,full and flood mitigation full. Every dam is at the second full level. You are right Gail about the roads ,ours are shot ,the state government at first estimated 1.9 billion in road and rail infrastructure repairs now they are talking about 10 billion. One of the major towns in central queensland,Rockhampton is expected to be cutoff today by runoff from the second largest catchment in Australia. They are expected to be isolated till mid January.On top of that they are expecting the worst outbreaks of ross river and dengue fever in decades. Unfortunately a lot of people have had dengue and a second bout results in symptoms similar to ebola. Mosquitoes aren't just a pest ,they are deadly. Wishing you all if not a happy new year the limitless ability to cope with what nature,man and poor health can throw at you.. Keep safe Ron.

The New Year
    Wow Ron, that all sounds so terrible. Hope your area doesn't get it too bad and that your place stays dry :)

Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Hi from new years day

Sorry Ron
    I am so sorry the flooding is so bad. I hope you can stay safe + dry.
  • AnneCan said:

Sorry Ron
    I am so sorry the flooding is so bad. I hope you can stay safe + dry.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator