Questions about pad (not Manard G. Krebbs' apartment)

Will_10_2010
Will_10_2010 Member Posts: 43
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Had Davinci surgery Dec. 15. Catheter removed two days ago. Working on "stemming the flow".
1. When getting up from a sitting position, the flow begins. Today I am able to have a slight impact on it, yesterday, none at all. Is this a routine experience?
2. Does it help to double the pads or put a paper towel as a liner to the pad?
3. I haven't been very active, but have decided that stating today, I will walk at least 10 min. every hour, and start following a normal routine in the house. I've also started walking outside in my driveway. Is increased physical activity the way to go? Will it result in additional flow? Will it help in resolving the continence issue?
4. Should I increase my liquid intake?
5. How long is it until the average person sees improvement?

Hints and suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    Great sense of humor!
    Will,
    Got to love your frame of mind and your choice of title for this thread--not too many of us can say we remember Dobbie Gillis, Zelda and the gang. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback and I know (if you do a search--search box on upper right on the PCa discussion board) there are many previous threads discussing this sensitive subject in detail.
    Wishing you all the best in your recovery.
    mrs pjd
  • Will_10_2010
    mrspjd said:

Great sense of humor!
    Will,
    Got to love your frame of mind and your choice of title for this thread--not too many of us can say we remember Dobbie Gillis, Zelda and the gang. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback and I know (if you do a search--search box on upper right on the PCa discussion board) there are many previous threads discussing this sensitive subject in detail.
    Wishing you all the best in your recovery.
    mrs pjd

Mrspjd,
    Thanks for the input

Mrspjd,
    Thanks for the input and info on how to navigate this site. Jimmy Buffet said it best:"... if we didn't laugh we would all go insane..."
    Its nice to know others have had misspent childhood too.
  • mrspjd

Mrspjd,
    Thanks for the input

Mrspjd,
    Thanks for the input and info on how to navigate this site. Jimmy Buffet said it best:"... if we didn't laugh we would all go insane..."
    Its nice to know others have had misspent childhood too.

humor & wit & PCa
    Will,
    Couldn't agree more--have to find the humor, wit and laughter wherever you can, even discovering it unexpectedly on this discussion board site (intentional or not). And why limit it (& wasted time) to misspent childhood--I'm making good progress in misspending my adulthood too...
  • Will_10_2010
    mrspjd said:

humor & wit & PCa
    Will,
    Couldn't agree more--have to find the humor, wit and laughter wherever you can, even discovering it unexpectedly on this discussion board site (intentional or not). And why limit it (& wasted time) to misspent childhood--I'm making good progress in misspending my adulthood too...

Mrspjd,
    Sorry to hear that

Mrspjd,
    Sorry to hear that you are an adult, according to my wife I'm still a kid at 62! Who knows, maybe someday I'll grow up, but then again maybe I'll be lucky.
  • mrspjd

Mrspjd,
    Sorry to hear that

Mrspjd,
    Sorry to hear that you are an adult, according to my wife I'm still a kid at 62! Who knows, maybe someday I'll grow up, but then again maybe I'll be lucky.

Will, no need for pity,...
    ...I'm still a kid at heart (so is my husband)--age has nothing to do with adulthood, it's just a state of mind.

Hope this light-hearted dialog doesn't distract or keep others from posting about the subject matter you initially posted about and that you get some answers. BTW, the plan you proposed seems like a great start. Hope things are working out for you.

Have a joyous, happy & healthy New Year (filled with laughter)! And to anyone who asks: "How can you laugh about cancer?" I would respectfully ask "How can you not?"