FOLFOX # 5

Lori-S
Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
UGH! Did I say UGH? I don't know why but this round feels like I got a double dose or something. YUCK ... nausea even with Zofran and just so super duper tired. I'm sure part of it is worrying about my son but, I am really feeling this round something terrible.

Just wanted to check in before I hit the bed early tonight. I don't think they should call it fatigue ... I think it's exhaustion. My head isn't tired and keeps thinking up all these fine and fun things to do but, my body says "NO WAY". I'm trying to convince them that there may be a middle ground. Ha!

Hope everyone is doing well and sorry that I haven't read the board too much lately ... but, my semicolon family is always in my thoughts.

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm sorry it's hitting you
    I'm sorry it's hitting you so hard. I hope you're getting lots of good rest tonight and will feel much better in the morning!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Sorry about those darned
    Sorry about those darned symptoms Lori. What day do you get your chemo? I think I knew but I forgot where my knew went and can't seem to find it. I have been wondering about your son also, how he is doing. I hope you get some good rest tonight!

Gail
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    plh4gail said:

Sorry about those darned
    Sorry about those darned symptoms Lori. What day do you get your chemo? I think I knew but I forgot where my knew went and can't seem to find it. I have been wondering about your son also, how he is doing. I hope you get some good rest tonight!

Gail

Hope you had
    a restful night and the new day brings you some relief.

Hugs,
    Angela
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    with all the pressure of xmas and your son I think a good rest is best.

I'm only 44 and have been napping like a very senior citizen. 3 hours some afternoons and then I have been staying up a bit watching some movies when the house is quiet.

Every folfox cycle is different, thats what I expect now. I have been getting lots done and then
    just nod off like grandpa at xmas lunch. Its funny in a way.

I know the folfox is working becuase as soon as I put my head on the pillow in the early afternoon, I fall straight asleep.

I hope you get plenty of good rest and that you have some more energy to do the things that count.

best wishes,

Pete
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

with all the pressure of xmas and your son I think a good rest is best.

I'm only 44 and have been napping like a very senior citizen. 3 hours some afternoons and then I have been staying up a bit watching some movies when the house is quiet.

Every folfox cycle is different, thats what I expect now. I have been getting lots done and then
    just nod off like grandpa at xmas lunch. Its funny in a way.

I know the folfox is working becuase as soon as I put my head on the pillow in the early afternoon, I fall straight asleep.

I hope you get plenty of good rest and that you have some more energy to do the things that count.

best wishes,

Pete

Hi Lori and Pete! Yes when l was on folfox every time was a
    different adventure! So don't get in panic next time would be better for sure! The important thing is that I'm sure it's working!.
    Hugs to both!
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    Hi Lori

I don't know why but #3 and #5 was the worst for me. I'm doing #6 now a few days late but on the pump now! My platelets jump up to 88,000 and with the two shots of Neupogen White blood cell super booster my white blood cells went off the chart to over 12. They thought due to their screw up with not giving me the last white blood cell shot ten days ago that I have an infection becuase I had a sore throat. The infection may cause me to start churing out white blood cells way too fast. So they took a hour looking under the microscope and then discovered a sore throat is a side effect of Neupogan. A drug with a side effect go figure? Any way I'm doing #6 increased finger pain and stomach cramps but not bad as #5. I get disconnected tomorrow and the day after is always the worst for me with fatique being there and whatever new adventures Folfox brings. I try to sleep too but you are right the body shuts down and the mind kicks into high gear. They are trying to get me back on schedule so I get a shorter break between #6 and #7. They want me now to do the full 12. I'll listen to my body on that. I did get another CEA good indicator for me and I am still less than 1. ONC says I'm NED and all this is preventative but trust is an issue with me and them. Well still ahead of you in treatments hope #6 goes better. Hugs Lou
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    LOUSWIFT said:

Hi Lori

I don't know why but #3 and #5 was the worst for me. I'm doing #6 now a few days late but on the pump now! My platelets jump up to 88,000 and with the two shots of Neupogen White blood cell super booster my white blood cells went off the chart to over 12. They thought due to their screw up with not giving me the last white blood cell shot ten days ago that I have an infection becuase I had a sore throat. The infection may cause me to start churing out white blood cells way too fast. So they took a hour looking under the microscope and then discovered a sore throat is a side effect of Neupogan. A drug with a side effect go figure? Any way I'm doing #6 increased finger pain and stomach cramps but not bad as #5. I get disconnected tomorrow and the day after is always the worst for me with fatique being there and whatever new adventures Folfox brings. I try to sleep too but you are right the body shuts down and the mind kicks into high gear. They are trying to get me back on schedule so I get a shorter break between #6 and #7. They want me now to do the full 12. I'll listen to my body on that. I did get another CEA good indicator for me and I am still less than 1. ONC says I'm NED and all this is preventative but trust is an issue with me and them. Well still ahead of you in treatments hope #6 goes better. Hugs Lou

lori
    I was flat out on 5....I know it doesn't really help but dat's the way I was.....flat

mags
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Lori
    SOrry #5 was so tough.
  • braelee2
    braelee2 Member Posts: 130
    5 and 6
    The last two treatment kicked my butt. I think all I did is sleep. Nothing tastes good, nothing feels good. (but sleep) lol; We Just have to hang in there. (Half way done yeah)