appt with Onc. tomorrow

sb12
sb12 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Found out I wasn't able to take Tamoxifen, body won't metabolize it. So, I tried Toremifene(Foreston) for 3 weeks and had to stop because of the side effects. Put me into a bad depression,not pleasant at all. I'm finally feeling like my old self again after surgery and 33 rads. for IDC. Now the big question, what to do now? Appt tomorrow with Onc. to discuss other options. Has anyone experienced this????????

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I know my doc doesnt test
    I know my doc doesnt test for this. I find tamoxifen tolerable. No advice just hoping you can find something that helps.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice
    just hoping things work out with new med..I am on Tamoxfin (now 18mths) and no real side effects to speak of (and one good side effect..it put my Ulcertive Colitis UC in remission..after 18 yrs...so I am good with that..

good luck with your appt...
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I wish I had some advice for
    I wish I had some advice for you...I'm triple neg, so hormone treatment is not an option for me. But I am sending prayers for you.

hugs,

Linda
  • sb12
    sb12 Member Posts: 10

I wish I had some advice for
    I wish I had some advice for you...I'm triple neg, so hormone treatment is not an option for me. But I am sending prayers for you.

hugs,

Linda

Thanks
    Thanks for the support, just one more stepping stone in this journey. My Onc. is recommending I try the Zoladex injection once a month and if my body tolerates this then introduce Arimidex..........
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    arimidex didnt agree with me....
    I was on arimidex for 3 or so months and had terrible side effects. Seeing the doctor on the 7th so see what I can take. I have been off it for almost a month and the side effects are not going away. My hands are so crippled and sore. All my joints are so painful, hot flashes and cold flashes, mood swings and crying. I was hoping since I stopped taking the pill I would feel better. Don't think I want to take anything at this point. Will see what onc. says next week. Good luck to you and hope you find something you can tolerate.

Hugs,
    Diana
  • betsymorgan
    betsymorgan Member Posts: 25
    tamoxifen side effects
    My onc told me my side effects seem to make me too miserable: night sweats and fatigue, reduced appetite. I went off it for about a week for nipple reconstruction, and the energy I got back is amazing! Also no more night sweats. My onc. suggested I think about not re-starting Tamoxifen since I had the best bc of all: stage 1 with no node involvement; with mastectomy/reconstruction.

Any thoughts?