Pet scan

Options
Nana2
Nana2 Member Posts: 255
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The PET scan report is sitting here on the table, Jim picked it up today, but I can't bring myself to read it. We'll see his surgeon at Loyola tomorrow and let her spell it out for us. I just feel scared it's not going to be good news. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks,
April

Comments

  • OGammy01
    OGammy01 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    prayers
    You both have my thoughts and prayers!

    A big hug,

    Diane
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    I hope you are wrong, April
    My wish is that you are wrong and that you and Jim get good news tomorrow.
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Options
    April,
    You and Jim will be

    April,
    You and Jim will be in our prayers tonight. Please try and stay calm until your appointment if you can. I was so scared about Mom's PET results I was making myself sick. We got good news so all of my worrying was for nothing. I know it's easier said than done though.
    Take care,
    Linda and Ellie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Luv2lunch said:

    April,
    You and Jim will be

    April,
    You and Jim will be in our prayers tonight. Please try and stay calm until your appointment if you can. I was so scared about Mom's PET results I was making myself sick. We got good news so all of my worrying was for nothing. I know it's easier said than done though.
    Take care,
    Linda and Ellie

    I will pray for you both April!
    Hugs!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    April:
    Here is hoping that you are wrong. I know it is hard not to worry but try and get some rest.

    George has had nothing but CT scans, PET scan, bad news, two liver biopsies, 3 oncologist appointments and yesterday a port that is acting up, back to hospital today to dye test the port, probably will need a new port, again, all since November. Worry is my middle name now but I have learned one day at a time. Talk about bumps in the road, heck, we are hitting the potholes at every turn but will get this mess straightened out.

    Any good news in this, yep, he handled CPT-11 very well, no vomiting, nausea and only a few quick runs to the throne, so once we get the port thing straighted out we will be back on track with treatment.

    Take care and come back and let us know after your meeting at Loyola or send me a pm.

    Hugs - Tina
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    for sure
    Sending them now hugs tina
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    You're seeing a
    You're seeing a surgeon-that's good right? Our surgeon doesn't meet with us unless there is something he can do. I will keep you and Jim in my thoughts and prayers.

    I know what it is like to love someone and want to do everything in your power to help them, but yet feel hopeless. I used to want to look at chris' scans and pick them up early before meeting with the doctor. Now I don't want to either, too worried it might be something bad.

    I still do review them though because I want to be prepared with questions when we see the doctor. If I get the news in the office, I focus on one thing the doctors says and the rest is a blur. I leave the office thinking...What did he say? What does that mean? I guess I am a visual person, and I need to see it in writing to comprehend.
    Good luck at your appointment.
    Erin
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    Options
    Erinb said:

    You're seeing a
    You're seeing a surgeon-that's good right? Our surgeon doesn't meet with us unless there is something he can do. I will keep you and Jim in my thoughts and prayers.

    I know what it is like to love someone and want to do everything in your power to help them, but yet feel hopeless. I used to want to look at chris' scans and pick them up early before meeting with the doctor. Now I don't want to either, too worried it might be something bad.

    I still do review them though because I want to be prepared with questions when we see the doctor. If I get the news in the office, I focus on one thing the doctors says and the rest is a blur. I leave the office thinking...What did he say? What does that mean? I guess I am a visual person, and I need to see it in writing to comprehend.
    Good luck at your appointment.
    Erin

    Thank you dear ones for the
    Thank you dear ones for the good words tonight. I will let you know tomorrow what the Doctor says. She is a good surgeon, head of surgical oncology at Loyola University, Dr. Margo Shoup. Thanks again. I probably will read the report tomorrow before the appointment so I'll be prepared for questions.
    I'll post tomorrow.
    April
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    April
    I hope you can get some rest tonight. I'm thinking of you and Jim. I'll pray your appointment goes well. I hope that scan brings some good news.

    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Good thoughts,
    Good thoughts, prayer's,hope's and well wishes for you.

    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    plh4gail said:

    Good thoughts,
    Good thoughts, prayer's,hope's and well wishes for you.

    Gail

    Now they wouldn't mail you
    Now they wouldn't mail you bad news, now would they!! My ONC would deliver the news to me in person. That would be hard, to sit there and stare at the envelope! I would have to open it!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Scan
    Hoping that all went well with the scan and doctor appointment.

    Kim