We are here, arrived safely, WONDERFUL flight (I slept most of it...lol!)

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We have now made another sucessful switch. And the bonus is that this time, my daughter came with us! YEA!!!

The flight was not full, so we spread out in our little cabin...Me with 2 seats, Kristy also with 2, and Hans with 3....I slept laying down for more than half of the flight. And our cabin crew were so friendly!!! And, believe it or not, the food was edible!!!! (Maybe the glass of wine before dinner figured in...lol). The landing was textbook perfect...I sent my compliments to the pilot (I read in Reader's Digest where they REALLY like to hear that!).

We touched down to partly cloudy skies and FREEZING (32F, 0C) temps! Snow on the ground, but the roads and the train tracks were clear. We retrieved our coats, scarves, hats, and mittens from the suitcase, and we made our way by train to home. Everything went well and...as expected...the canal outside of our house (where I broke my arm last year) is frozen and ready for skating!!! YEA!!!

BIG hugs to all...I'm going to bed...it's 11pm here...tomorrow is firework buying, I'll need all of my strength!!! ROFL!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Kathi,
    Glad to hear you made it safely and had an enjoyable flight! Enjoy your time with your daughter. hugs, jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Kathi,
    Glad to hear you made it safely and had an enjoyable flight! Enjoy your time with your daughter. hugs, jean

Kathi .. I am so glad you and your family arrived
    safe. Cold weather, Ouch! Spent 2 weeks in St. Petersberg, Russia several years ago .. and the frigid weather did us in .. silly Southern Californian's.

I can wait like so many for your next posting .. the adventures seen thru your postings .. is wonderful.

Your coffee buddy ..

Vicki Sam
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Kathy... glad
    Welcome home Kathy... glad you had an easy trip back....Get some rest sounds like your going to need it!

Hugs!

~T
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Home to Amsterdam
    Glad you had a good flight with plenty of room. Joe will be jealous that you can sleep in long flights! (What wine was that again?)

Thanks for posting to let us know the Kathi crew is safe and snug in Holland. Just try not to break any bones this year, ok? Loved the photos of you skating last time.

p.s. Love your new close-up photo. You are strong and beautiful. Love your smile.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Home to Amsterdam
    Glad you had a good flight with plenty of room. Joe will be jealous that you can sleep in long flights! (What wine was that again?)

Thanks for posting to let us know the Kathi crew is safe and snug in Holland. Just try not to break any bones this year, ok? Loved the photos of you skating last time.

p.s. Love your new close-up photo. You are strong and beautiful. Love your smile.

have a great time! did I say
    have a great time! did I say pillow?????
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Sounds like you had a really nice flight and how wonderful that your daughter could go with you this time! Enjoy your second home!

Hugs,

RE
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know you made it safely, and that the flight was so uneventful. Enjoy the fireworks!

Hugs,

Linda
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know you made it safely, and that the flight was so uneventful. Enjoy the fireworks!

Hugs,

Linda

Glad you had a great flight,
    Glad you had a great flight, good landing and are settling in. ANd so nice that your daughter is there with you. You be careful skatiing. No repeating last year or trying to outdo yourself. You know you are a competitive little thing. LOL Seriously, be careful of your bones and have a great time in your other home. Take pictures and tell us all the exciting things you are doing.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Glad to hear that your
    Glad to hear that your travels have brought you home safe and sound (and even rested!). Happy New Year. Have fun on those skates. xoxoxo Lynn
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Glad to hear that your
    Glad to hear that your travels have brought you home safe and sound (and even rested!). Happy New Year. Have fun on those skates. xoxoxo Lynn

Glad you made it safely
    If you are like me, I spend the first few days after "switching" trying to get my bearings, and remember what is in the cupboard at which house. Enjoy the snow, and be a bit more careful this year....no more broken bones. Start having fun now, as before you know it you will be headed "home" again. Hugs, Judy
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are all in
    Glad to hear you are all in Holland. It sounds like you'll be ringing in the New Years with a BANG! Cheers!
    BL