Bad Bad Rash

kya911
kya911 Member Posts: 157
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My Dr thinks it is from Taxotere.She is not sure if she wants me to do anymore chemo. I have had 3 rounds out of 6.She wants to do some kind of test that tells if I am low or high risk.It will take 4 weeks to get it back. If she does have me do chemo she will use a different drug ( said it would be stronger).

Has this happened to any of you?
Any thoughts on the subject?

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi kya,
    I had taxotere and didn't get a rash, however, I did get a rash and blotches from the steroids. Hugs, jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi kya,
    I had taxotere and didn't get a rash, however, I did get a rash and blotches from the steroids. Hugs, jean

I did TCH for 16 consective weeks .. ending last December
    2009.. I had it all, to put it mildly -- my symptoms were off the 'Bell Standard' charts establish back 1960's.

Rashes, blood blisters on the bottom of my feet, cold sores - inside and outside of my mouth .. I lost 3 toenails -- they just fell off (took 8 months to grow back), sores inside my nose .. mild case of shingles -- drippy nose, and eyes .. chronic fatigue .. and fainting! Good times! Seriously, I did not think I would see the end of December or cross that finish line .. but somehow, I made it.

Listen to your doctor, and get the full picture before making a decision, Please.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

I did TCH for 16 consective weeks .. ending last December
    2009.. I had it all, to put it mildly -- my symptoms were off the 'Bell Standard' charts establish back 1960's.

Rashes, blood blisters on the bottom of my feet, cold sores - inside and outside of my mouth .. I lost 3 toenails -- they just fell off (took 8 months to grow back), sores inside my nose .. mild case of shingles -- drippy nose, and eyes .. chronic fatigue .. and fainting! Good times! Seriously, I did not think I would see the end of December or cross that finish line .. but somehow, I made it.

Listen to your doctor, and get the full picture before making a decision, Please.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

I had taxol, I had a
    I had taxol, I had a sandpaper texture red rash all over my face. so itchy I thought I would scratch my face off. Not a place on my face was smooth. I used Lindi cream and it helped. It also went away when the taxol was done.
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I had a rash, too
    I had a rash on the second round of Taxotere and Cytoxan. It was red bumps--very itchy--on the back of my knees, small of my back, my arms and chest. My onc prescribed a steroid pack (4 days) which solved the problem after the 2nd day and I used some exema cream.
    After 4 treatments I ended up with edema in my ankles so my onc has switched me to Taxol & Cytoxan for the last 2 treatments. After the first of this cocktail, I had some nausea (which the meds handled) and felt crappy for 7 days...only 1 more to go scheduled for 1/7/11 before starting rads.
    Good luck.
    JoAnn
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    joannstar said:

I had a rash, too
    I had a rash on the second round of Taxotere and Cytoxan. It was red bumps--very itchy--on the back of my knees, small of my back, my arms and chest. My onc prescribed a steroid pack (4 days) which solved the problem after the 2nd day and I used some exema cream.
    After 4 treatments I ended up with edema in my ankles so my onc has switched me to Taxol & Cytoxan for the last 2 treatments. After the first of this cocktail, I had some nausea (which the meds handled) and felt crappy for 7 days...only 1 more to go scheduled for 1/7/11 before starting rads.
    Good luck.
    JoAnn

yes the rash was red and
    yes the rash was red and bumpy too. It does go away!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I had 6 rounds of taxotere
    I had 6 rounds of taxotere (with the a/c too), and got a red rash on my hands and feet after round 5. Aquaphor has really helped to keep it at bay. I slather my hands and feet at night, and then put on cotton socks and gloves so it doesn't get on everything else. My last treatment was Dec 9th, the rash and redness is almost gone now. Of course, you should talk to your doctor about this before trying it.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    hands & feet
    Hi,
    I had 2 rounds of Taxotere, and I developed a painful deep red rash on my hands & feet - my onc prescribed prednisone and that helped, along with Aquaphor. My skin on the palms of my hands ended up peeling off, and just a little on my heels. After my 2nd treatment of it I called the Onc the next day when the rash appeared & got on the prednisone right away, i think that helped it not get quite as bad as the first time, I had waited 4 or 5 days before calling.
    My mom just had her last chemo treatment (4 AC followed by 2 Taxotere) two days ago. She has gotten the rash on her hands & feet VERY bad - she was unable to walk for a few days after her first Taxotere. For the 2nd one (her last one!) the Onc actually adjusted her dosage so the side effects wouldn't be as bad for her, and he also started her on Prednisone right away.
    Best of luck to you!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157

hands & feet
    Hi,
    I had 2 rounds of Taxotere, and I developed a painful deep red rash on my hands & feet - my onc prescribed prednisone and that helped, along with Aquaphor. My skin on the palms of my hands ended up peeling off, and just a little on my heels. After my 2nd treatment of it I called the Onc the next day when the rash appeared & got on the prednisone right away, i think that helped it not get quite as bad as the first time, I had waited 4 or 5 days before calling.
    My mom just had her last chemo treatment (4 AC followed by 2 Taxotere) two days ago. She has gotten the rash on her hands & feet VERY bad - she was unable to walk for a few days after her first Taxotere. For the 2nd one (her last one!) the Onc actually adjusted her dosage so the side effects wouldn't be as bad for her, and he also started her on Prednisone right away.
    Best of luck to you!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Dr Wants
    to put me on Taxol, was on Taxotere.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Oh YEAH, I was on Taxotere,
    Oh YEAH, I was on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin, and boy did TAX do a job on me with each treatment. First sign of the rash was on my face, it was terrible and very itchy. The next time was on the back of my heals, could not wear shoes, even to work I had to wear flip flops, thank God I live in Florida; then the last one was on my arms,both. Each time they gve me steroids and I used cortison creams to aliviate the itching, swelling and pain. The only good thing is once I was done with Taxotere back in March 2010 , no more rashes, but to this day the area around my arms still has a darker tint. Luckly the one on my face is all cleared up now.