hospital

Options
dee1962
dee1962 Member Posts: 99
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Oh well I got the Medi pot put in on 12/21 and by x-mas eve I had to go to the Hospital and today is i don't even know i think it's 12/28 and i'm still here they don't know when i'm coming home it gave me 2 kinds of infection don't worry they removed it x-mas day. But my Dr. said it has to go back in eventually which i didn't want to hear ....It was never even used....But theres no other choice... I been though HELL and back in the matter of a few days.....anyone else ever go though this? Please share with me I just want out.....Dee

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    oh boy so sorry this has
    oh boy so sorry this has happened. I hope the next phase goes smoothly and you get out soon!!! What kind of chemo are you having? I did mine with no port, although it got kind of tough towards the end. I dont think I would want one if I had gotten an infection.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

oh boy so sorry this has
    oh boy so sorry this has happened. I hope the next phase goes smoothly and you get out soon!!! What kind of chemo are you having? I did mine with no port, although it got kind of tough towards the end. I dont think I would want one if I had gotten an infection.

infection
    I'm so sorry that you're hospitalized with infection. I have a port and have not had any problems with it, in fact because of what has been and will continue to be long term chemo, I love my port. Hope you're able to go home very soon and best wishes to you when you begin chemo.
    Marsha
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Dee, I'm hoping and praying
    all this passes quickly and you start feeling better. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. Although it didn't happen to me, I knew of this happeneing to others. I don't know why it can cause infection but I sure hope you don't have to go through it again.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Thinking of you..
    Dear Dee ~
    So very sorry to hear of this. I haven't began the chemo process yet and was thinking a port wouldn't be a bad idea; in light of your infection, of course -that makes one think twice. Praying for you to get that infection all cleared up very soon.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Dee, I'm hoping and praying
    all this passes quickly and you start feeling better. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. Although it didn't happen to me, I knew of this happeneing to others. I don't know why it can cause infection but I sure hope you don't have to go through it again.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Dee, you dear soul .. I had a love/hate relationship with
    my port that I named, Victor. I too had several infections with the insertion of my portal. My skin around my port took months to heal, continuious bruising .. general pain in the butt! Please please please don't take my complaining to heart .. it sucked big time, I knew I needed to keep that damn Victor in my upper inside arm, so that my TCH chemo cocktail could be administrator properly, having small disappearing veins and all. But, I hated my port with pure passion,brea but was a necessary evil needed in my battle with breast cancer.

Dee .. my heart goes out to you .. being in the hospital with an infection from a device that will 1 day make your life a little easier. Today, yesterday and tomorrow is not that day. Please try and find some joy at being able to rest, or relax and allow your tired body time to heal and your white blood cells time to regain steam.

Keeping you in good thoughts and prayers..

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so so sorry
    I hope your days get better....
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    sorry to hear what you are
    sorry to hear what you are going through. But, try to rest and relax.......it will get better. The port is a great little item for chemo infusions etc...but I loved and hated mine. It was annoying, but made the infusions so smooth. I have not yet had it removed...probably this spring it will come out. Again, so sorry you have had to endure infections and hospital stays.........lots of cyber hugs and good wishes being sent your way.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm sending positive
    I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that you recover from the infections quickly.

Hugs,

Linda
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

infection
    I'm so sorry that you're hospitalized with infection. I have a port and have not had any problems with it, in fact because of what has been and will continue to be long term chemo, I love my port. Hope you're able to go home very soon and best wishes to you when you begin chemo.
    Marsha

No, I haven't had this
    No, I haven't had this happen. I am so sorry. Praying the infections clear up quickly and you can go home.

Hugs, Jan
  • Betsy13
    Betsy13 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi Dee
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I went through a different kind of hell myself so I can relate to that. I will be praying for you. Do you know when they will put it back in? That way, I can pray specifically on that day and at that time! My friend had 3 surgeries for reconstruction. The 2nd and 3rd time were due to infection from the first time. The 3rd time, her onc. gave her an antibiotic beforehand and so far, so good! Maybe they could do this for you?

Hugs~
    Betsy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    LVG said:

Thinking of you..
    Dear Dee ~
    So very sorry to hear of this. I haven't began the chemo process yet and was thinking a port wouldn't be a bad idea; in light of your infection, of course -that makes one think twice. Praying for you to get that infection all cleared up very soon.

I didn't need chemo, so no
    I didn't need chemo, so no port for me Dee. I am very sorry that yours gave you 2 infections. I know hospitals are crappy, but, at least, I pray, they will get you well and on your way home.

Hugs, Diane
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I'm sending positive
    I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that you recover from the infections quickly.

Hugs,

Linda

Praying the infections clear
    Praying the infections clear up for you Dee.

Hugs, Debby