Paranoia

Options
dixiegirl
dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
Crap. Here we go again. Paranoia setting in....had a drenching night sweat this week. Don't know what it is about this time of year, but for me seems to be NHL. I found swollen nodes Jan 5th originally in 2006. Thought it was back December 2006 (it was). Relapsed again Jan 2010.

I sincerely hope I am simply reading into things :)

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    Call the doctor...
    Hi Beth,
    When do you see the doctor again? My hot flashes scare the heck out of me when they last a long time.....worry sometimes that it's something else. Hate this wondering and doubting my better judgement. If this happens again to you...get it checked out for peace of mind. I'll be thinking good thoughts! Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    NIGHT SWEATS
    I don't mean to sound like an idiot,but I do not know what a night sweat is. I never had one that I can remember. What are they like? I mean I can be sitting at the computer and sometimes feel sweat on the back of my neck drip from my hair. That may be the heat of the computer. I don't really feel hot at the time. I have never woke up in the middle of the night like I read on here once in awhile. Thanks,John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Keep on Trucking!
    Hi, Beth,

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. Take one thing at a time and focus on here and now. I know it is not easy to do esp. if you get night sweats again - sorry about that. But to focus on little steps of fighting back then you will be climbing the ladder up and we will root for you!

With prayers,
    Liz
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    COBRA666 said:

NIGHT SWEATS
    I don't mean to sound like an idiot,but I do not know what a night sweat is. I never had one that I can remember. What are they like? I mean I can be sitting at the computer and sometimes feel sweat on the back of my neck drip from my hair. That may be the heat of the computer. I don't really feel hot at the time. I have never woke up in the middle of the night like I read on here once in awhile. Thanks,John (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Night swets
    Hi John,
    I have not experienced the drenching night swets. I was getting worried my hot flashes were associated more with having cancer than menopause, but my doctor assured me the difference between the two is very distinct. He said with night swets you wake up completely soaked from swetting and may even have to change the sheets and your bed clothes. He also said that chemo can cause hot flashes in both men and women>(non-menopausal), and intensify hot flashes for women in menopause...(my situation). It sounds like you are having chemo related hot flashes. Yours will go away as the chemo leaves your body...mine will stay until I'm out of menopause. My oncologist said drenching night swets that occur on a regular basis are not something to ignore or attribute to old age or think you might have just gotten a little hot during the night...if your clothes are soaked and it wakes you from a sound sleep with chills he said something is going on and it should be checked out. He said you usually feel weak and worn out after having a night swet. So...now that we know what to watch for, at least we won't be shocked if it happens. Type B cancers more often than not produce night swets..(onc said). Hope I helped instead of confusing you.
    Take care John, and "Happy New Year" Love Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    paranoia
    Sorry to hear that Beth, like you always told me listen to your body, see your Onc., hopefully it's nothing.......... take care Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    vinny59 said:

paranoia
    Sorry to hear that Beth, like you always told me listen to your body, see your Onc., hopefully it's nothing.......... take care Vinny

night sweat
    Thanks guys. Yeah John, my nightsweats when they happen feel like you just stepped out of a pool and crawled in bed without a towel. It will completely wake you up because then you feel like you've wet the bed and stepped into a freezer afterwards...they suck.

I go for my next treatment Jan 6th so it's not too far off. I just hate worrying. The only symptoms I had were nightsweats, weight loss and lumps. I am losing a little weight but not alot and have no noticeable lumps. The sweats have been my major symptom. The hotflashes from menopause don't get that bad, more like what you are experiencing. Like sue I am in the menopause flashes for years yet....how I wish they were more like yours and will go away :)

I'll try to keep positive thoughts going. Talk to you soon.
    Beth
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Options
    dixiegirl said:

night sweat
    Thanks guys. Yeah John, my nightsweats when they happen feel like you just stepped out of a pool and crawled in bed without a towel. It will completely wake you up because then you feel like you've wet the bed and stepped into a freezer afterwards...they suck.

I go for my next treatment Jan 6th so it's not too far off. I just hate worrying. The only symptoms I had were nightsweats, weight loss and lumps. I am losing a little weight but not alot and have no noticeable lumps. The sweats have been my major symptom. The hotflashes from menopause don't get that bad, more like what you are experiencing. Like sue I am in the menopause flashes for years yet....how I wish they were more like yours and will go away :)

Beth

It's so easy for your mind to go there
    I understand Beth what you are feeling. I am glad you are going to the Dr. soon. Please let us know what he says. Take care and God bless you
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Options
    JoanieP said:

It's so easy for your mind to go there
    I understand Beth what you are feeling. I am glad you are going to the Dr. soon. Please let us know what he says. Take care and God bless you

Night Sweats
    Hi Beth,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and send lots of positive energy. Please let us know what the doctor says. I know how scary this must be for you.

Thinking of you,
    Leslie
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    yesyes2 said:

Night Sweats
    Hi Beth,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and send lots of positive energy. Please let us know what the doctor says. I know how scary this must be for you.

Thinking of you,
    Leslie

Positive Energy
    Hi, Beth,again,

Speaking of positive energy, this makes me think of the fact you remembered the same time in the past in January of the "bad news" and this may be part of the physical reaction - panic reaction. I would imagine that would also be emotional for me when my anniversary of the discovery of such arrives. I hope you find every possible way to relax during this period and see what happens, even though, checking out with the dr. is important. Good luck, Beth.

With positive thoughts and Happy New Year!

Liz (HL-4-8/10, REMISSION)
  • 711tom
    711tom Member Posts: 44
    Options
    dixiegirl said:

night sweat

Beth

Good luck on thursday
    good Luck, i have had many bad night sweats and know exactly how you feel. You will be in my prayers and I wish you all the best.