not cancer free like I hoped for!!

rockchicksurvivor
rockchicksurvivor Member Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Just stopped in to say I hope everyone had a good christmas! I am not cancer free as I had hoped for the new year after going through treament for almost a year again for my 2nd reaccurence so I am sad but glad to still be here!! I am getting a break and dont know what will happen next as far as treatment etc. My scan showed it is still there but saying some spots are "calcified"?! Dont know what it means since I have not gotten to talk to my dr since I got the report in the mail. Will go back to see him in 6 weeks. How is everyone else doing? I had 2 very bad reactions to carbo and the last one was very scary. Have a safe/happy new year...

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    hi
    Good to hear from you. It's been awhile. I too am still fighting my first recurrence. In Janurary it will be one year on chemo. No 2nd remission for me. I've been on Doxil, Gemzar/Carb, Carb dropped due to allergic reaction so I continued on Gemzar alone and most recently I just completed a clinical trial. I will soon be starting Avastin and Cytoxan.
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Sorry, but glad you're getting a break
    Sorry to hear about your CT not being NED...But I am so glad, you are getting a chemo break...I can't believe they sent you a CT scan report in the mail without going over it with you...I wouldn't wait 6 weeks....I would call today and find out what all of it means....Enjoy your break!
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Merry Christmas !
    How do you feel ? Stay strong and call if you have questions about your scan why wait six weeks if you are going to worry which of coursre you will. I think worry is ingrained in us now.
    Here's to the New Year bringing you better news you sure are due for it !What a beautiful baby you are holding !
    Colleen
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    We all need a break
    I am praying for you that going into 2011 will be a good year. If I were you I would call the doctor about the report. At least you will know where you stand. I have had a 2nd reoccurence and when I was done with the treatments, it had killed all but one spot. I took a break but I will be starting up with Avastin as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I now have shingles. I guess my body just can't deal with the stress.

Hugs to you and let us know what you find out. Here is to praying that you will be put on the right treatment for you.

Linda
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    nancy591 said:

hi
    Good to hear from you. It's been awhile. I too am still fighting my first recurrence. In Janurary it will be one year on chemo. No 2nd remission for me. I've been on Doxil, Gemzar/Carb, Carb dropped due to allergic reaction so I continued on Gemzar alone and most recently I just completed a clinical trial. I will soon be starting Avastin and Cytoxan.

Jan will make one year of chemo
    for me also. This is my first remission and I have been on carbo/taxol, Doxil, Gemzar/carbo and I had a bad reaction to carbo last time. I'll find out next week whether or not carbo will still be an option for me. Your holiday picture is beautiful!
    (((hugs))) Maria
  • Mwee
    hope you had a nice christmas too
    any chance you could speak to your doctor's office and not have to wait 6 weeks? I've had a short break from chemo for the holidays, but I'm back to reality next week. It's so nice to see your post...... safe/happy and healthy new year to you.... Maria
  • nancy591
    Mwee said:

Jan will make one year of chemo
    for me also. This is my first remission and I have been on carbo/taxol, Doxil, Gemzar/carbo and I had a bad reaction to carbo last time. I'll find out next week whether or not carbo will still be an option for me. Your holiday picture is beautiful!
    (((hugs))) Maria

first remission?
    You did carbo/taxol unsuccessfully? So the Gemzar/Carb combo put you into remission?
  • Mwee
    nancy591 said:

first remission?
    You did carbo/taxol unsuccessfully? So the Gemzar/Carb combo put you into remission?

sorry..
    wishful typing here.... meant to say 1st recurrance.... carbo/taxol put me into remission for 3 1/2 years (didn't realize how very lucky I was at the time!) and I've been on chemo since last Jan.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

PS: Is that a little Despicable Me being hugged by your little one? How adorable!
  • nancy591
    Mwee said:

sorry..
    wishful typing here.... meant to say 1st recurrance.... carbo/taxol put me into remission for 3 1/2 years (didn't realize how very lucky I was at the time!) and I've been on chemo since last Jan.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

PS: Is that a little Despicable Me being hugged by your little one? How adorable!

yeah
    I guess we don't realize what we have until it is gone. I think gone are my days of being symptom free. I now have to watch what I eat, eat smaller meals, yadda, yadda, yadda. I can deal with it though! It beats the alternative.

Yes that is a Despicable Me minion. I paid a small fortune for 3 of them on Amazon as they are not sold in stores. But, what the heck. Christmas is only once a year.
  • Mwee said:

hope you had a nice christmas too
    any chance you could speak to your doctor's office and not have to wait 6 weeks? I've had a short break from chemo for the holidays, but I'm back to reality next week. It's so nice to see your post...... safe/happy and healthy new year to you.... Maria

thanks for the replies and I
    thanks for the replies and I will update you when I know more... All I can do is hope to be NED again in the new year!! I am so worn out and have excessive tearing due to my tear ducts being clogged and it is annoying, have pain too in my stomach and under my rib cage ect. My ca125 is down to 23. big hugs to all.
  • friends
    some of you are my facebook friends and if anyone else would like to stay in touch and be friends on fb, look me up donna sligerjones. :)