2»

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    luvmum said:

Anne
    Hi Anne,
    Why can't they take the tumour out? When my mum was diagnosed, they already knew there are 7 mets in her liver. (I only just find out tonight, some mets are actually 2x3cm sizes...) But then, they still arranged an operation immediately and took the tumour out from her colon.
    I wasn't able to finish my meal during dinner time when I heard from my husband that some of my mum's mets in liver are quite big! I remember the surgeon told me the 7 mets in liver are all small...
    I still feel like in the roller coaster, sometimes I feel there is hope, sometimes, I feel sad and depressed and hopeless. I feel really bad now and not sure I will be able to go to sleep tonight (it's 1am here).
    Dora

Dora
    I am sorry that you feelsad, depressed + hopeless. We all feel those emotions at times. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

My medical team did not want to remove the primary tumours at that time because they were afraid the tumours in my liver would grow while I prepared for, had + recovered from surgery. They said the chemo would treat me systemically, which it has. My primary tumours were not detecatble after 4 rounds of folfiri. Remember there is hope + there are many good examples on this board of people who have survived this beast long term. By the way, I have heard of liver tumours much larger than 2X3 cm, where they have been reduced in size.

I hope you get some sleep tonight.