Memories for Mom - See New X-mas Picture

Lisa13Q
Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Merry Christmas everyone!! Today we had a great day...Mom was able to hang out with us for 11 hours before she finally said, "I'm exhausted and have to go". She got an i-pad and bottle of Jim Beam for those in between chemo times when can have a nip or two! We all had a great time together and made great memories...she actually let us take pictures of her which she never does!!! I hope you all had a great day with your loved ones as well....and that you like the picture of my mother with her wig a little askew!! :) Love Lisa

Comments

• kikiz
    kikiz Member Posts: 94
    Sounds like you had a great
    Sounds like you had a great day. We did too. Your mom looks great.

Lori
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    She looks great
    Lisa, so glad that your mom was able to hang out and you made some precious memories. I know how she feels about having her picture taken. After you have some of that Jim Beam she probably won't care at all about having her picture taken. Have a drink for me too!

Hugs to you and your family.
    Linda

(PS My recently posted new picture is me and all my grandkids.)
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Happy day
    How wonderful. These are the reasons that we fight so hard and put up with all that chemo, etc.... to have times like this...... priceless.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • KarynH
    KarynH Member Posts: 32
    Mwee said:

Happy day
    How wonderful. These are the reasons that we fight so hard and put up with all that chemo, etc.... to have times like this...... priceless.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Cheers to your mom, you and your family!
    Love the picture of your mom and the askew wig! My mom's off the taxol now and is going around proudly popping off her wig and showing us all her new fuzz! Love it. May we all have many more wonderful memories.
    -Karyn
  • imanne
    imanne Member Posts: 1
    VERY happy day
    Hello Lisa. I'm very new to this group. My mom was diagnosed just two weeks ago. She had her debulking surgery on Weds. She will begin treatments soon. I was depressed thinking about how tough this is going to be. I LOVE seeing your mom enjoying this special day regardless of the difficulties she is going through. Thank you for the glimmer of hope. It is the best Christmas gift I received this year. Love, Anne in New Jersey
  • Lisa13Q
    imanne said:

VERY happy day
    Hello Lisa. I'm very new to this group. My mom was diagnosed just two weeks ago. She had her debulking surgery on Weds. She will begin treatments soon. I was depressed thinking about how tough this is going to be. I LOVE seeing your mom enjoying this special day regardless of the difficulties she is going through. Thank you for the glimmer of hope. It is the best Christmas gift I received this year. Love, Anne in New Jersey

Dear Anne
    Welcome to this group and so sorry you have to be part of this club, but this is an amazing board and you will find much hope, understanding and compassion here. The women here are wonderful and geniuses when it comes to dealing with this disease. I understand the shock and depression initially of hearing that your mother has OVCA, but you are going to find out that there is so much joy coming and hope, and life to live. My mother was diagnosed a year and a half ago. She was unable to have de-bulking right away because her cancer was so advanced....so #1. congratulations to your mom that she was able to have surgery before any chemo...that's a very good thing. #2. The initial treatments are really amazing and do a great job of getting any nasty little cells that may be left...#3. You will soon find that your relationship with your mother will become newer and different and full of all kinds of little wonderful moments that are gifts. I could have never foreseen that when she was first diagnosed. All I experienced was fear and terror. I am not saying that there won't be challenges, but they are truly over comable. I have found that I have profoundly changed and am a better person all around. So please do have hope. Because there is hope. Also, come to the board as often as you want and keep us posted. We're a tight knit group. And, thanks for your wonderful response to my post. Happy New Year. Love, Lisa
  • Lisa13Q
    clamryn said:

She looks great
    Lisa, so glad that your mom was able to hang out and you made some precious memories. I know how she feels about having her picture taken. After you have some of that Jim Beam she probably won't care at all about having her picture taken. Have a drink for me too!

Hugs to you and your family.
    Linda

(PS My recently posted new picture is me and all my grandkids.)

Your Photo is wonderful
    What a great picture...you look like the best grandmother ever!!!!
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    great news
    11 hours is quite awhile! Glad she is up and around.
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Can't see your picture,
    but not sure why. Glad mom could hang out for so long with you! What great memories. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    k❤

PS I spoke to soon, great shot, Lisa!
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Lisa13Q said:

Dear Anne
    Welcome to this group and so sorry you have to be part of this club, but this is an amazing board and you will find much hope, understanding and compassion here. The women here are wonderful and geniuses when it comes to dealing with this disease. I understand the shock and depression initially of hearing that your mother has OVCA, but you are going to find out that there is so much joy coming and hope, and life to live. My mother was diagnosed a year and a half ago. She was unable to have de-bulking right away because her cancer was so advanced....so #1. congratulations to your mom that she was able to have surgery before any chemo...that's a very good thing. #2. The initial treatments are really amazing and do a great job of getting any nasty little cells that may be left...#3. You will soon find that your relationship with your mother will become newer and different and full of all kinds of little wonderful moments that are gifts. I could have never foreseen that when she was first diagnosed. All I experienced was fear and terror. I am not saying that there won't be challenges, but they are truly over comable. I have found that I have profoundly changed and am a better person all around. So please do have hope. Because there is hope. Also, come to the board as often as you want and keep us posted. We're a tight knit group. And, thanks for your wonderful response to my post. Happy New Year. Love, Lisa

Lisa! It is very nice to see
    Lisa! It is very nice to see your mom beeng happy. Hugs to you both, Zina.
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    nancy591 said:

great news
    11 hours is quite awhile! Glad she is up and around.

Nancy! I like your holiday
    Nancy! I like your holiday photo very much, just beautiful. (((HUGS))) Zina