Pooping is WAY overrated

Options
2»

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    that used to be me
    I also had terrible bowel issues after my ileo reversal. I lived like that for 18 mos. When I couldnt take it any more, I had a colostomy done. I havent looked back. Life is good now. While I wouldnt have picked any of this, life with any ostomy is ok. Its much better than being afraid to go anywhere. I have so much more control now. Like you I tried everything and nothing worked. Good luck with whatever you decied.
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    Moesimo said:

that used to be me
    I also had terrible bowel issues after my ileo reversal. I lived like that for 18 mos. When I couldnt take it any more, I had a colostomy done. I havent looked back. Life is good now. While I wouldnt have picked any of this, life with any ostomy is ok. Its much better than being afraid to go anywhere. I have so much more control now. Like you I tried everything and nothing worked. Good luck with whatever you decied.

poops

I feel you. I had a similar experience. I never had any follow up surgeries. For me, diet was very important. I made sure I had plenty of leafy greens. I also took stool softener everyday regardless. In my situation I would have preferred pooping on myself than getting stopped up. I simply don't respond well to being stopped up. I can't help you with the too much poop part. I just remember it took me a very long time to be able to distinguish between simply passing gas and a movement. I didn't gamble for at least a year. Which is about how long it took my innards to start working properly. Activia works, but now I eat the yo+ with fiber but occasionally throw in a danactive. You might want to jump start your system with some bottled probiotics but I wouldn't. Get some diapers they work.