She is my best friend, who am I supposed to be now?

Options
2»

Comments

• newlife2011
    newlife2011 Member Posts: 40
    Options

Don't
    Don't do anything, or be anyone different. You have been her friend for a very long time and there's no reason for that to change now! The only thing that has changed is the situation - not the people.

I love my family, but my friends are the people I confide in about my Stage IV cancer and dealing with it. I need them more now than ever before. Not to do chores or errands, but to talk with. Please be there for her. When she opens up, listen.

God bless you, your friend, and her girls.
    Marsha

Amazingly beautiful
    Who knew that a crappy day of searching for a "Best Friend with Cancer Support Group?", with no success, and having an incredibly BAD missing my best friend with cancer day would help me see some sadly missing humanity in the world. You ALL are beautiful!!
    I will put my best foot forward in trying to be the best for her. I would never leave her, I cannot believe anyone would do that to some of you. I am very happy to see this support site exists for you all to share your stories and emotions, experiences.
    You've paid me compliments I didn't see coming and I truly feel you all are the heros here. Helping me while you fight the fight. I am floored by your sincere advice and direction ......I will keep you all posted and I will visit here...and praying for all of your miracles too...no matter how big or small.
    I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with God's Blessings!!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Amazingly beautiful
    Who knew that a crappy day of searching for a "Best Friend with Cancer Support Group?", with no success, and having an incredibly BAD missing my best friend with cancer day would help me see some sadly missing humanity in the world. You ALL are beautiful!!
    I will put my best foot forward in trying to be the best for her. I would never leave her, I cannot believe anyone would do that to some of you. I am very happy to see this support site exists for you all to share your stories and emotions, experiences.
    You've paid me compliments I didn't see coming and I truly feel you all are the heros here. Helping me while you fight the fight. I am floored by your sincere advice and direction ......I will keep you all posted and I will visit here...and praying for all of your miracles too...no matter how big or small.
    I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with God's Blessings!!!

Just be there
    Just continue to be the best friend that you can to her, which I know you are. I didn't care what someone bought me or if we went anywhere or not. I just wanted to know that they were still my friends and that they were there for me, and, my friends were. It doesn't take a bunch of gimmicks or gifts to show you care, just be there for her, listen to her, cry with her, but, just be there.

Prayers for your friend and for you, I am sending,

Noel
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    This post proves that you
    This post proves that you are being the best friend a girl could have and I am sure she feels that every day. My advice is to continue to just be you.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    elm3544 said:

This post proves that you
    This post proves that you are being the best friend a girl could have and I am sure she feels that every day. My advice is to continue to just be you.

What I Did
    My very Best friend for 25 yrs became terminally ill her son and man asked me if I could take care of her...NO Question or dought in my mind, I Miss her so much!!
    I became her care giver and worked with an incredible Hospice team.
    My poor friend suffered and I was bye her side until she took her last breath.
    It was a long year...God Bless her and her strength.
    Life changing for me, and I can say I will never have a Best friend like her ever, I often thought as I was taking care of her if I would rather be takin at one instant and my life would be gone or suffer as my poor sis did, and beleave it or not I chose the suffering, because you have all the chances to make amends with God and say everyting you wanted to say to your loved ones, and be with your close Familila and feel the comfort of leaving this earth with all of your Family and Friends and your spiritual team right bye your side.
    Sisters, I'm having a hard time right now, and I just had to say a few words and I think in the next few days I will be writing a journal...I'm falling down from personal losses and finally it has me bye the ........Hugs Karie

Ps....Please forgive me if I get Totally real on here in the next few days...I might shock and hopefully not affend anyone,
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    OMG Newlife you are the
    OMG Newlife you are the friend we all want and need. How fortunate for both of you to have such a wonderful friendship. The advice given by all my pink sisters couldnt be better. Continue to be you that loving and caring friend. My best friend in the neighborhood kind of got lost when I was going thru treatment. She sent me cards but that was about it. My friend several states away called me at least once a week and always asked if I was up to talking. she was most understanding. She never told me what to do, she was just there for me. We talked about old times and laughed every time we spoke. I'll be forever grateful for all her calls. I never saw her once in person because she lives half way across the country but she was there for me. God bless you and your friend as you embark on one more step in this stinking journey called cancer. Hugs to both of you.
  • newlife2011
    newlife2011 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    natly15 said:

OMG Newlife you are the
    OMG Newlife you are the friend we all want and need. How fortunate for both of you to have such a wonderful friendship. The advice given by all my pink sisters couldnt be better. Continue to be you that loving and caring friend. My best friend in the neighborhood kind of got lost when I was going thru treatment. She sent me cards but that was about it. My friend several states away called me at least once a week and always asked if I was up to talking. she was most understanding. She never told me what to do, she was just there for me. We talked about old times and laughed every time we spoke. I'll be forever grateful for all her calls. I never saw her once in person because she lives half way across the country but she was there for me. God bless you and your friend as you embark on one more step in this stinking journey called cancer. Hugs to both of you.

Thank you ladies! You are all very Kind!
    Merry Christmas ladies,

A couple of days ago I came on here as a wounded, lost BFF of a "Pink Lady". I am sure I have had reactions similar to those BFF's of yours and after searching for a year for a support group for myself there just wasn't anything.

BFF's go through something too and seeing that some people run I just don't believe is the answer. For a time when stressors should be eliminated I am horrified that some of you still are allowed to take on the stress. They say in tough situations you find out who your true friends are.....and I am definately a BFF of my Pink Lady, but I sure could have used a boost along the way, or an idea on how to handle the many sad and depressing moments she has had. Just like she can't do it alone....I am no superhero....I can't either.

So PLEASE.....send your BFF's here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mybffhascancer

Maybe all of us together can find an end to some of this ugliness?

Thank you for your support, you gave me what I needed to stay focused.

With Love , Best Wishes, and may God's Blessings be with you this year and always,

Wendy