Decisions, decisions, Help

Options
2»

Comments

• criptupnana
    criptupnana Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thank you criptupnana, I
    Thank you criptupnana, I haven't had any skin problems yet but I am only 4 treatments in. I sure wish you all the best, and pray you don't have Lou Gehrig's. I'm sure it is just related to all the treatments and arthritis. All my best Take care Kay,

Also
    they told me that it only takes one cancer cell that is left behind to start a new crop. And that sometimes as the surgeon closes up the incision the cancer cells can lodge in that area and grow from there. Radiation is the only way that they can get those fast growing cells stopped before they go crazy. I think the chances of lung cancer is relatively low. I read what the odds are and I can't remember for sure, but I think it is less than 10%. Let's hope that we are NOT in that group.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Also
    they told me that it only takes one cancer cell that is left behind to start a new crop. And that sometimes as the surgeon closes up the incision the cancer cells can lodge in that area and grow from there. Radiation is the only way that they can get those fast growing cells stopped before they go crazy. I think the chances of lung cancer is relatively low. I read what the odds are and I can't remember for sure, but I think it is less than 10%. Let's hope that we are NOT in that group.

Hi Kay, I was dxed with
    Hi Kay, I was dxed with invasive bc with lymph node involvement over a year ago, stage 3A. At first I was told that I would only have a lumpectomy then radiation with no chemo. My surgeon took another look and decided I needed a masectomy. After that surgery, 17 lymph nodes were removed with cancer in 11 of them. She strongly insisted that I have chemo even tho the oncologist wasn't sure. I was also told that I would need radiation since cancer could reoccur in the scar tissue and my tumors were close to my chest wall. I decided I needed to do everything I could in this battle with bc so I went thru 12 weeks of chemo, 35 rad treatments and now I'll be on Femara for 5 years. It wasn't easy but I feel like I've did everything I can in this fight. My onc said there is a 1% chance I might have a lung problem (cough infection)in the next 6 months following radiation but she didn't mention anything about lung cancer. I've read there is a small risk but I don't know the percentage. You just will have to make your own decision based on how you feel and what information you have. Best Wishes.