Finished Chemo Nov 2nd-had thyroid ultrasound test today for nodules and two were solid--multiple no

Options
2»

Comments

• JoAnnDK
    JoAnnDK Member Posts: 275
    Options
    susafina said:

Hi Cindy
    Hi how are you doing?
    Sorry I guess was tired last night. My CA125 was 5. It started out before everything as 14. As treatment ensued it varisd from 3 to 5. All my docs are thrilled with it. ME too! They told it could vary every time and not to worry. Yeah easy for them to say. Sometimes I feel that I live from scan to scan or test to test. I wonder does it ever get easier?
    I am so sorry about the stuff with your job. You work all of your life and when push comes to shove you get screwed. You are only as good as the present. Do you feel well enough to work? Don't push yourself too hard.
    I am glad you were talking about your thyroid. I forgot that I have an appointment with my head and neck doc on Wednesday. It is just for an exam to check it. I will scream if there are any changes.
    Arimedex is suppossed to supress all estrogen. Most breat cancer patients take tamoxifin and sometimes then arimedex for 5 years. My docs are studying the effects with it on uterine patients. The studies suggest 1 year instead of 5. They feel that most gyn cancers are fed by estrogen so since mine was they want me on it. I did have everything removed, but estrogen is also secreted by the adrenal glands and also hides if fat cells. Since I am overweight the docs wanted me to give it a try.
    There are some side effects. joint pain or an increase in liver enzymes so it has to be monitored. It can be a tough drug but so far I have been OK.
    I will tell you what my hyroid doc says.
    The saga continues....
    Hugs,
    SUE

Arimidex/Susafina
    I have not "talked" to one other person who was on a hormone suppressant. Glad to "meet" you. I am also taking Arimidex. I suggested it to both of my gyn oncs (at two different hospitals) after reading my pathology report for the 10th time and wondering "why not" take a hormone suppressant. When I mentioned it to the docs, both said "gee, that's a good idea". What the heck? Shouldn't hormones that "feed" the cancer be suppressed whether it is breast, ovarian, or uterine cancer????? That only makes sense, right?